Netflix is a USA based online streaming and production company with thousands of TV shows and movies and millions of subscribers in over 190 countries. You can download the videos and can share the account with four of your friends and family members in the premium version. For Indian users, Netflix has launched a plan for INR 199, where you can stream the videos in standard mode on a single device.
In this article, we will explain how you can change your Netflix password –via the web and the app.
Change the Netflix password
You can change the Netflix password from the web (Netflix website) or the Netflix app.
Change your password via the Netflix website
To change the password, you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Netflix website and then sign in on your account.
- Next, select your main account.
- Now, click on the profile picture tab at the top right of the page.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Account.
- After that, click on the Change Password option below the email.
- Enter your Current Password and then enter your new password two times.
- Click on Save.
Change your password via the Netflix app
To change the password via the Netflix app, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Netflix app.
- Tap on the More icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now, tap on Account option.
- Scroll below and click on Change Password.
- Type your current as well as the new password.
- Tap on the Save option.
Note: If you want to sign in on Netflix again on all the devices, tick the box on Require all devices to sign in again with the new password. If not, you can untick the box.
This concludes our guide on how you can change your Netflix password. Hope this article has helped. Check out more such explanatory articles in our Tech Basic section. We will continue to bring more such articles in the future. Let us know in the comments below if you want us to cover a topic.
Also Read: How to cancel your Hotstar subscription?
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.