Snapchat is one of the most popular messaging apps on the planet right now owing to the slew of privacy features and the overall ease of communication makes it especially popular with the younger generation,
There are a lot of things Snapchat does differently as compared to its competition. So much so that we’ve seen the competition just completely rip off features from them.
With most of the app features revolving around protecting user privacy, some things work differently than you might expect.
Profile pictures, for example, aren’t your photos. They’re a digital avatar of yourself called a bitmoji. You can deck them out in whatever style you want including but not limited to multiple hairstyles and hair colours as well as a bunch of different clothing and accessories.
Once your avatar is created, you can select an avatar selfie to use as your profile picture in Snapchat. Neat, isn’t it?
In this article, we’re going to talk about how you can change your avatar selfies and your avatar itself in Snapchat.
Changing your avatar selfie in Snapchat
This is how your avatar looks like to everyone else in your friend list
- Fire up Snapchat and click on your avatar in the top-left corner.
- On the profile page, tap on Select Selfie.
- Here you can choose the way you want your avatar to look.
Editing your Avatar in Snapchat
However, should you want to change your avatar altogether, here’s how you can do that.
- Go to your profile page by tapping your avatar in the top-left corner
- On the profile page, tap on Change Outfit or Change Bitmoji depending upon what you want to change
- If you tapped on Change Outfit, you’ll see the outfit page where you can either choose a predefined outfit or individually customise each bit of clothing on your bitmoji
- If you tapped on the Edit my Bitmoji option, you’ll be taken to the bitmoji page where you can see how your bitmoji’s face appears including any accessories you might want to add.
Someone who writes/edits/shoots/hosts all things tech and when he’s not, streams himself racing virtual cars. You can reach out to Yadullah at [email protected], or follow him on Instagram or Twitter.