Like any other web-based app or website, Twitter’s apps for iOS and Android and its website create a cache of data that can be used to serve you content quicker.
While cache files are mostly useful as they make your experience smoother and faster, especially in cases of spotty internet, they can at times also create some issues with account logins or app’s features and functions.
If you’re facing issues while using your Twitter app, it could be due to an issue with the app’s cache. While you’ll need to clear your browser’s cache on PC to clear Twitter’s cache, here is how you can clear the cache of your Twitter app on iOS and Android.
While you can clear Twitter’s cache through in-app settings on iOS, you’ll need to do the same via device settings on Android.
Clearing the Twitter cache on its apps for Android or iOS won’t log you out from your accounts.
Also read: How to find drafts on Twitter?
How to clear Twitter cache on iOS?
Open the Twitter app on your iPhone or iPad and follow the steps mentioned below to clear Twitter’s cache.
- Tap on the hamburger (three horizontal bars) icon on the top-left of the Twitter app’s homepage.
- Scroll down on the list of options that appear to the left and tap on Settings and privacy.
- On the next page, tap on Data usage under General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the next page and tap on either Media storage or Web storage to clear respective Twitter app’s cache..
If you choose Media storage
If you want to remove the photo and GIF cache from the Twitter app cache, follow the step below.
Tap on the Clear media storage option and then tap on Clear media storage from the options that appear at the bottom.
Also read: How to unfollow someone on Twitter?
If you choose Web storage
If you want to clear all of the web data in Twitter’s cache including cookies and logins, follow the step below.
Tap on Clear all web storage and then tap on Clear all web storage again from the options that appear at the bottom.
Also read: What is DNS cache and how does it work?
How to clear Twitter cache on Android?
Open the settings of your Android device and follow the steps mentioned below to clear Twitter cache. These aren’t specific to Twitter, but you can use the same steps to clear any app’s cache or storage data on Android.
- Tap on Apps & notifications
- On the next page, if you’ve recently used Twitter, it will appear under Recently opened apps. If it doesn’t, tap on the See all apps option, find and tap on Twitter.
- On the next page, tap on Storage & cache.
- Then tap on Clear Cache.
Once Twitter’s cache is cleared, you’ll see that the clear cache option is now inaccessible and also the value beside cache is now zero.
Also read: How to clear all cache in Windows 10?