Contacts are elementary to any smartphone but over time it’s possible that after multiple backups and restorations as you shift phones, certain contacts might be overlapping or might’ve even become redundant if the person changed their number.
If you want to clean up your contact book, you can always choose to add them to a Group and hide them if necessary, but if you want to delete a single, multiple or all of the contacts from your iPhone, here are three methods that will help you exactly that without requiring a third-party app.
Deleting a single contact from iPhone
Open the Call or Contacts app, search and tap on the contact you want to delete from your iPhone and follow the steps mentioned.
- Tap on the Edit option at the top-right on the contact’s page.
- On the next page, scroll to the bottom and tap on Delete Contact.
- Then select Delete Contact from the two options that pop-up at the bottom.
The selected contact will be deleted from your iPhone.
Also read: How to delete downloads on your MacBook?
Deleting contacts synced via your iCloud account
Open your iPhone’s Settings and follow the steps mentioned below to delete contacts that were synced via your iCloud account. You can stop the sync as well as delete previously synced contacts using the guide below.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the Settings page.
- Then tap on iCloud on the next page.
- Now tap on the toggle button beside Contacts to disable the sync.
- From the options that appear at the bottom, you can either choose to keep the previously synced contacts by tapping on Keep on My iPhone or tap on Delete from My iPhone if you want to delete any previously synced contacts via your iCloud account.
Deleting all iPhone contacts from synced email accounts
Open your iPhone’s Settings and follow the steps mentioned below to delete contacts that were synced via an email account you’ve added to your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- Then on the next page, select the email account whose synced contacts you want to remove from your iPhone.
- On the next page, tap on the toggle button beside Contacts to stop the sync.
- Then tap on Delete from My iPhone from the options that appear at the bottom of the screen.
All the contacts that were synced with the selected email address — Gmail, Yahoo — will be deleted from your iPhone.
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]