Founded in 2015 to provide convenient travel to the last mile in an intra-city setup, Rapido successfully pioneered India’s two-wheeler taxi market.
But still, the bike-taxi aggregator is facing a lot of backlash due to mounting legal troubles regarding the Rapido captain’s usage of white number plates on vehicles for commercial use.
If you have had bad experiences with the Rapido captains or such legal cases are making you a sceptic of the e-hailing company and want to terminate your account with the aggregator, then we have you covered.
Below we have discussed two methods to delete your Rapido account quickly.
Also read: How to book a Rapido bike?
How to delete the Rapido account via the app?
You can raise a ticket for account deactivation and directly contact Rapido customer care using the application.
- Open the Rapido app.
- Then click on the three-line horizontal button on the top left corner of the screen.
- Now on the drop-down menu, tap the Settings button.
- On the Settings page, click on the Support button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now from the list of FAQs, click on the one which says, “How do I deactivate my account?
- Then click the Chat button to contact Rapido Customer Support in the next window.
- Finally, type your query regarding account deactivation on the message window, as shown in the screenshot above.
- And within a few minutes, Rapido customer service will deactivate your account.
From the same chat window, you can also ask customer care to contact you via a call so any queries regarding the deactivation of the account can be answered promptly.
Note that even after the deactivation of your account Rapido will retain your personal information and Usage Information —including geo-location, trip history, and transaction history— for a reasonable period to comply with their legal and regulatory obligations.
Also read: How to become a Rapido Captain?
How to delete the Rapido account using email?
You can also connect with the Rapido support staff through online mail and can send an account delete request.
Step 1. Open your email account.
Step 2. Now compose an email to [email protected]
Step 3. In the Subject section, type “REQUEST TO DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT”.
Step 4. Now write an email requesting Rapido to delete your account from their database and to wipe all your information with them, if any.
You can copy the template below to delete the Rapido account by emailing their support.
Subject: Request to deactivate Rapido account
Dear Rapido support,
I am a registered user of Rapido and would like to put in a request to delete my account. Kindly guide me through the process. Following are the basic details to identify my Rapido account as well as to contact me in case you need any more details.
Registered email address/Phone Number:
Also read: Why does YouTube keep pausing?