Rapido captains are Independent contractors registered with the portal to work as full-time or part-time third-party vehicle operators or riders.
They work on a principal-to-principal basis partnership with Rapido — both the company and Rapido captians are independent legal entities, with one having no liability over the other.
It is also important to know that the rate card of captains varies from place to place, and they get approximately INR 6 to 10 per KM. If you want to become a captain of Rapido’s fleet, then we have got you covered
Here we’ve discussed the requirements, followed by a step-by-step guide to help you become a Rapido captain.
Also read: How to book a Rapido bike?
Requirements to become a Rapido Captain
Here is a list of things you need to fulfil to become a Rapido captain.
- A Rapido captain must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a smartphone with an active internet connection.
- Valid driving licence.
- Valid Vehicle registration certificate.
- Valid ID proof includes Aadhaar/Pan card.
- Renewed licenses, insurance and permits necessary for the use of the vehicle.
- Active bank account.
- Two helmets.
- The bike must be registered in 2010 or later.
Note: The total earnings of a Rapido captain in any given financial year can not exceed INR 20,00,000 (Rupees Twenty Lakhs) as he is an unregistered GST service provider.
Also read: Mcdonald’s app not working: 6 Fixes
How to join Rapido as a Captain?
To work as a captain, you must first download the Rapido captain app from the Google Play Store and keep a soft copy of your ID, driving licence and vehicle registration (RC) ready for onboarding.
Also, ensure the following conditions are met while filling out the form.
- Don’t wear a mask while uploading your profile picture.
- Your profile photo and name should match the photo and name on the driving license.
- Ensure that the images you upload are not blurry.
Now open the Rapido captain app and give it all the necessary permissions to operate. Then, follow the guide below to register as a Rapido captain.
- Tap on the Get Started button.
- Next, select a Language for the interface of your app.
- Enter your registered mobile number and tap on Proceed button.
- Then verify the mobile number via OTP.
- Tap on the Register as a captain button.
- Subsequently, select the city where you want to start working as a Rapido captain.
- Then choose the Vehicle you wish to use. And hit the Confirm Vehicle button at the end of the page.
- On the new page, you are required to enter the particulars of your Driving licence, profile information, Vehicle RC details and ID card number.
- To do so tap on the various tabs individually and fills in the details as they are been requested.
- For DL registration upload front and back pictures of the card, Enter the DL number and tap on the Submit option.
- To fill out the Profile info form you, have to give the following details:
- First name.
- Last name.
- Date of birth.
- Email ID.
- The minimum number of working days.
- The vehicle RC documentation requires you to give an RC number and the full page image of your vehicle’s RC.
- Finally, for the ID proof, first, select your ID verification document between Aadhar and Pan card and then upload the same as required in the form.
It takes around 24-48 hours for the Rapido team to confirm the details you provided and activate your Rapido captain’s Account.
The your Rapido captain account is activated, you’ll be provided with the necessary information to start working with them.
Also read: How to add a Coursera certificate to LinkedIn?
Reader, Writer, Lawyer, Horse Rider. Vishal thinks he’s funny, unless you beer him; then he’s actually funny!