Photo: Tada Images/Shutterstock.com
You might be familiar with ChatGPT, the futuristic saviour of businesses and the messiah of students globally. If you have not heard of this AI tool, ChatGPT is a popular AI chatbot by OpenAI that provides answers to questions. A language-based AI model, ChatGPT, was launched in November 2022 and aims to have a human-like conversation by giving solutions for any problems or prompts thrown its way.
In this article, we will discuss whether ChatGPT is saving any data from the millions of conversations it participates in every day.
Also read: What is error in body stream in ChatGPT? 5 Fixes
ChatGPT’s data storage
Initially, when you log in to your account or sign up, a pre-warning or instructions appear in a dialog box. These instructions inform you that OpenAI’s trainers might review your conversations to help improve their systems. Their aim is to gather external feedback that includes your entire conversation with ChatGPT and improve their service. The word improvement revolves around monitoring and keeping the language used safe and non-malignant as well as picking up cues to help ChatGPT get better at answering prompts.
Yes, ChatGPT stores your conversation history.
They also forewarn you about not releasing any sensitive data in your conversation with ChatGPT. The AI model labels the conversation based on your first question. OpenAI has developed ChatGPT as an example of an AI that responds in a humanised manner to answer any questions or provide information. It is constantly evolving to generate quick and concise responses efficiently. Although not all information provided by ChatGPT might be accurate, it needs to be fed enough data to improve its performance.
Also read: How to fix error: ChatGPT is at capacity?
- Personal information like name, contact information, and the content of your conversation with ChatGPT.
- Social media information when you interact with their social media pages.
- Log data like browser type, IP address, time and date of request, and your interaction with the site.
- Time zone, country, number of devices, or type of device.
- Device data like the name of the device, operating system, and type of device and its settings.
- OpenAI’s ChatGPT and their third-party affiliates do not respond to ‘Do Not Track’ signals and continue to track the browsing activity of your device with cookies and other tracking aids. Therefore, even if you have turned on the ‘Do Not Track’ option in your browser settings, your browser activity across time and websites will be tracked following the use of their site.
Also read: How to fix ChatGPT network error on long responses?
Read more about ChatGPT
- Is ChatGPT free?
- ChatGPT FAQs: 15 Talking Points
- How to fix ChatGPT internal server error?
- Can’t login to ChatGPT: 7 Fixes
- How to fix ChatGPT redirect error?
- How to check if ChatGPT is down right now?
- Can you get banned from ChatGPT?
- ChatGPT character limit explained
- How to save ChatGPT conversation?
- How to delete ChatGPT account?
Always curious, calm, and a little crazy, you can find me daydreaming or studying. An avid reader, traveler, and graduate of Aviation Science, I love gaining new experiences in life and star gazing.
You can contact her here: [email protected]