Fossil introduced its latest Gen V smartwatch powered by WearOS on Monday, which will go on sale at $295 on August 26, 2019. The watch is currently up for pre-order in US, EMEA and APAC regions.
The redesigned Fossil Gen V smartwatches feature Google Assistant, which can read reminders or translations, and answers questions on the go. It also features Google Fit, and Google Pay with NFC enabled payments, alongwith the Assistant that adds to the capabilities of the Gen V smartwatch.
The smartwatch is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 chipset and comes with 8GB of internal storage. According to the company, the Gen V is swim-proof (up to 30 metres); so washing hands, showering or swimming shouldn’t be an issue while wearing the watch.
“As a direct result of consumer feedback, we’re incredibly excited to be able to offer our first-ever proprietary apps that offer an extended battery life and better iPhone compatibility, which is always top-of-mind with our consumers around the globe,” said Steve Evans, EVP Fossil Group. It also comes with untethered GPS, which means that users can leave their phone behind when out for a run. Fossil Gen V smartwatch notifies users about the following: text, email, social media, app alerts, multiple time zones, alarm clock and calendar alerts.
Other than the features mentioned above, the Fossil smartwatch can also ring a user’s phone in case they lose it, can measure commute time, and also supports fast charging that helps it get from 0-80% within an hour.
In the News: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 announced: Specs and release date
Fossil Gen V smartwatch specs
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100
- Case size: 44mm
- Memory and Storage: 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Altimeter, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Microphone, NFC, Untethered GPS
- Functions: Heart rate tracking, untethered GPS, Google Pay, notifications, customisable dials, music controls, interchangeable watch band
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Enabled / 4.2 Low Energy
- Compatibility: Android™ 4.4+ (excluding Go edition), iOS 9.3+
- Battery: 36 hours or 1 week on clock mode
In addition to the Fossil Gen V smartwatch, its box contains a magnetic USB charger and quick start guide. The watch is available with stainless steel, silicone and leather straps in a total of five different colour options.