Google Classroom has been an important tool for students and teachers. Google released the Classroom five years back in 2014, aiming to simplify sharing notes, creating groups of students, collecting and grading assignments without using paper. The Classroom helps in streamlining sharing documents between students and teachers.
It comes with different Google services such as Google Drive integration to store the documents, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides for viewing and editing different documents, Gmail for communication, and Google Calendar for scheduling events.
Google Classroom works when a teacher creates a classroom for their subject and shares notes or assigns work in the classroom. A teacher needs to have a G Suite for Education account to create a classroom.
You will have to join various classrooms created by your teachers. Joining a classroom and managing notes and assignments is very easy and the same steps apply for both the smartphone app and if you’re accessing it via the PC. In this article, we discuss how to join or leave a Google Classroom, as well as how to view all your assignments.
How to join a Google Classroom?
You can join a classroom in two ways. They are:
- Either the teacher invites you to join the Google Classroom through your email IDs.
- Or you join the classroom by entering the Classroom Code in the Join Classroom Option.
Follow the steps mentioned below to join a Google Classroom through the code.
- Open the Classroom app or website.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon in the top right corner of the screen on the website and app and then click on the Join Class option.
- Enter the Classroom Code and tap or click on Join to add the specific Classroom.
Once you join a classroom, you eventually also have to leave it. Leaving a classroom is simpler than joining one.
Also read: How to identify the theme used by a website?
How to leave a Google Classroom?
Follow the steps mentioned below to leave Google Classroom.
- Click on the three white dots in the top right corner of the classroom tile you want to leave.
- Click or tap on Unenroll.
- Click on the Unenroll in the confirmation dialog box that appears. You will be removed from the classroom, and it will be deleted from your account.
Even after leaving a Classroom, the files and documents remain in Google Drive and can be accessed later.
How to view all assignments?
Google Classroom also shows you the pending and completed assignments in a list form. Follow the steps mentioned below to view the assignments.
- Click on the side menu icon next to Google Classroom in the top left or swipe from the left side of the screen on the app to open Side Menu.
- Click or tap on the To-do option. This will show you the assignments to be done with their due dates and all the assignments that have been completed and submitted under the Done category.
Also read: What is Error 907 and 6 ways to fix it?