LinkedIn is a social networking platform for professionals. This social networking site is quite useful if you want to establish connections with the other professionals of your field or otherwise. In this article, we bring you some useful tips and tricks that will help you in cementing the profile.
How to find and edit the LinkedIn URL?
If you have already set up the LinkedIn account, and want to find out your profile URL, follow the steps given below.
- Open LinkedIn account.
- Either click on your Profile Pic on the left of the screen or click on Me > View Profile, as shown in the screenshot above.
- At the right, click on Edit public profile and URL.
- Again, on the right, click on the inverted pencil/pen icon as shown in the screenshot above.
- Edit your profile URL.
- Confirm the URL by pressing Save.
Once the URL is saved, you can share the URL on various platforms.
Note: You will have to choose a unique URL without space, symbols and special characters. Also, remember to set the profile visibility to Public.
Follow the steps given below.
- Open LinkedIn in the browser.
- Click on the profile pic.
- Scroll down and tap on the inverted pen/pencil icon present besides the Edit heading.
- Tap on the Profile URL.
- Tap on the inverted pen/pencil icon again, change the URL and then Save it.
If you are using LinkedIn app, follow the steps given below.
- Tap on Profile pic.
- Tap on View Profile and then tap on the inverted pen/pencil icon to change the URL.
Also read: How to use Paytm in Hindi?
How to set profile visibility to Public?
You can change the URL only when the visibility of your profile is set to Public. To set your profile visibility to Public, follow the steps given below.
- Open the LinkedIn account.
- Go to your profile — either by clicking on the Profile pic on the left or by clicking on Me > View profile.
- Click on Edit public profile and URL.
- Scroll below and you will see Your profile’s public visibility button.
- Click on the button to turn on your profile’s public visibility.
- When you will turn on the button, you will see various options in the drop-down menu.
- Select the options as per your requirements.
Also read: What is kernel in Linux?
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.