Twitter is one of the most widely used social media platforms where users communicate with each other and with several institutions of the world. However, if you noticed a sudden drop in your Twitter engagement or if you can’t see a person’s Tweet, then it is possible that the other person has blocked you on Twitter.
In this article, we discuss several important questions that arise out of this situation including the signs that someone has blocked you on Twitter and how to unblock yourself.
How to tell if someone has blocked you on Twitter?
There is no way to tell for sure if someone has blocked you on Twitter. However, there are a few signs that might indicate that you are blocked:
- You are unable to search the person’s profile.
- You cannot view the tweets or replies made by them.
- You cannot send them a tweet. Moreover, you cannot like the tweets made by them.
- You cannot send a direct message to the person.
- You cannot tag that person.
- Twitter shows a blank page when you try to access the profile of the person.
- You cannot see the follower count or the accounts that they follow.
In short, when someone blocks you on Twitter, you are cut off from their profile and unless they unblock you, you have no choice but to wait it out.
What should you do if you are blocked on Twitter?
If you have followed the above steps and you suspect that someone blocked you on Twitter, you can take the following steps:
- Respect the decision. You should know that you cannot please everyone and someone will at some point be mad at you for some reason.
- However, if you feel that you have been blocked by mistake, then it is imperative that you contact the person and explain the situation. You can contact that individual on some other social media platform or call them if necessary.
- Take responsibility for your actions and apologise.
Also read: How to block someone on Zelle?
Now, we will dive into some FAQs related to this topic.
How do you block someone on Twitter?
As with all the other social media platforms, Twitter also provides an easy way to block someone. Here is a complete guide to blocking someone on Twitter.
If you block someone on Twitter will they know?
As of now, you can not know when someone blocks you on Twitter. However, you can use third-party apps like Blolook to know how many accounts are blocking you on Twitter. Do give it a try.
What happens when you block someone on Twitter?
When you block someone on Twitter, they can’t see your Tweets or followers and cannot directly message you on the platform.
In conclusion, if you suspect that you are blocked on Twitter, then it is best to contact that person by other means and if that is not possible, it is better to respect their decision.
Also read: How to know if someone blocked your Email?