Zelle is one of the many digital payment apps where you can send and receive money with ease. However, there may arise a situation where you want to block someone on Zelle.
In this article, we discuss how you can block someone on Zelle. We will also cover why you should block someone and also how to unblock them.
Why you should block someone on Zelle or any other payment app?
Although Zelle and apps like it make our life easier, you should always remain cautious while using these applications.
Here are some reasons why you should consider blocking someone on Zelle:
- If you receive a spam message asking request for money then it is best to block that person.
- If someone is trying to send you money without your consent.
- If you suspect that the said person is engaging in fraudulent activities on the app.
- Personal reasons.
How to block someone on Zelle?
Now that we have understood the reasons for blocking someone on Zelle, here are the steps to do so:
- Open the Zelle app and then go to the Settings gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, select the Privacy option and then choose Block Requests. Here, you will see all the blocked contacts.
- After that, select the user that you want to block.
- Finally, hit Confirm.
Alternatively, you can also search for the user in the search bar at the top of the screen.
How to unblock someone on Zelle?
If you have somehow changed your mind later, then you can unblock the person by following the steps below:
- Open the Zelle app and then go to Settings.
- Go to Privacy > Block Requests to see all the blocked contacts.
- Select the user that you want to unblock and then select Unblock.
Take control of your account
Now that you know how to block someone on Zelle, use this knowledge to protect yourself from spam and other fraudulent activities. Also, don’t hesitate to report that person to the authorities and let the law take its course. Share this article with your loved ones and spread awareness.
Also read: How to fix Zelle error a101?