Instagram stories have been a hit ever since they came out, and the company has only made them better since. Using the highlight feature, Instagram even lets you showcase specific stories past the 24-hour duration that stories stay active.
In this article, we’re going over how you can add highlights without posting a story.
Also read: How to view Instagram Stories anonymously?
What’s up with Insta highlights?
The thing with highlights is that it only lets you showcase stories you’ve already posted, including those in your archive. This means that there’s no way of making a highlight on your profile without actually posting a story.
So what do you do when you want to make a highlight but don’t necessarily want to post a story? That’s exactly what we’re going over today.
The first thing you have to do is make sure your account is private for at least 24 hours. Here’s how you can do this.
- Open Instagram and tap on your profile icon in the bottom right.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top right.
- Tap Settings.
- Head over to Privacy.
- Enable the Private Account slider.
Now that your account is private, let’s get on to making your highlight.
Also read: How to upload reels on Instagram?
How to make Instagram highlights without posting a story?
Since you can’t make highlights without actually posting a story, we’re going to hide your story from all the followers you have and then make a highlight from them.
First up, we’re going to hide your story.
- Tap on the plus icon in the top left.
- Tap on the settings icon in the top left as well.
- Tap on Story.
- Tap Hide Story From.
- Go on and select all your followers.
Yes, it’s a tedious process, but unfortunately, this is the only workaround. Now go ahead and post your story (or stories) as you normally would. Now that your stories are up let’s finally make the highlights.
- Open the story tap the Highlights button at the bottom.
- Type a name for the highlight and tap Add.
Now you need to wait for the next 24 hours for the stories to expire and go to your archives. Once done, you can unhide them from your followers.
Also read: How to delete Instagram account on iPhone?
How to making custom Instagram highlight images?
You might have noticed that the highlights on your profile are represented by the first story in them. You can change this icon to anything you like. Here’s how.
- Head over to your Instagram profile and tap and hold the highlight you want to modify. Tap on Edit Highlight.
- Tap Edit Cover.
- Tap the image icon and select the cover you want from your phone’s gallery.
Also read: Instagram music not working: 8 Fixes