LinkedIn is a professional social network founded in 2002 by Reid Hoffman. It serves over 600 million users spread across 200 countries all over the world. In December 2016, Microsoft acquired LinkedIn, and Jeff Weiner currently heads the company.
In this article, we will explain how you can add interests to your profile and how you can see the interests of others as well. This will help you to boost your profile in the current, highly competitive business environment.
Adding interests on your LinkedIn profile
Earlier, you could have added interests by accessing the Additional Information section from the Profile and then manually updating it. However, LinkedIn has since updated its interest section. Now, you cannot manually update the interests on LinkedIn.
As per the company, you can add only the companies and organisations, and not personal interests.
To add the interests to your LinkedIn profile, follow the steps given below.
- Open your LinkedIn account.
- In the search box, type the organisation/ company or any other public institution that interest you. For example, I have typed Delhi University.
- Go to the page of the organisation that you want to add in your interest.
- Click on +Follow.
- The organisation that you followed will now be visible in your interest section.
Also read: LinkedIn 101: How to find and edit your LinkedIn URL?
How to view the interests of others?
Since LinkedIn is the most prominent professional space on the internet, you should get acquainted with the interests of the other as well. To view the interests of others, follow the instructions given below.
- Open your LinkedIn profile.
- Search the name of the person whose interests interest you.
- Just scroll down to the end of their profile info, and here you will see the interests of the person.
In this way, you can get an idea of what the other person’s interests are, and you can search for some mutual interests if any. Moreover, you can add their interests on your profile by following the instructions given below.
- Search the person in the search box.
- Scroll down to the end where you will see the interests of the person.
- Click on See all.
- Follow the interests that you like by clicking on the +Follow option.
- You will see a tick mark along with the Following icon — as evident from the screenshot above.
We hope this tutorial has helped you! We will bring more such LinkedIn tutorials in the future.
Also read: VLC 101: How to cut a video and change language in VLC?