Facebook has always been popular for people to connect over common interests and hobbies. One of its engaging features is the ability to create and join groups. These groups create spaces where people can talk, share content, and discuss their interests. As these groups grow and change, it’s normal for their names to change to match what the group is all about.
In this article, we have discussed how to change the Facebook group name on the desktop and on the Facebook mobile app.
Also read: How to add an admin to a Facebook Group?
Change the Facebook group name on the desktop
If you wish to change your Facebook group’s name on the desktop, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Open your Facebook account on your browser and then click on the Groups option in the sidebar.
Step 2: In the Group, scroll down the sidebar, find Group settings, and click on it.
Step 3: In the group settings, click on Name and Description under the Set up Group section on the right side of the screen.
Step 4: Enter the new name for the group in the Name and Description box and then click on the Save button.
Also read: What are Super Reactions in Discord?
Change the Facebook group name on the mobile app
To change your Facebook group name on the Facebook mobile app, follow the steps below.
- Open the Facebook app on your phone and tap on the Menu icon below the Messanger icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Groups tab.
- In the groups, tap on the Your Groups option and then tap on the group for which you want to change the name.
- Tap on the Group Info (Sheild with the star inside) icon available at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Settings section and tap on the Group Settings option.
- In the Basic group info section tap on the Name and description.
- Change the group’s name in the Group name box and then tap on the Save button at the top right corner of the screen.
Also read: How to delete a Facebook group?