Facebook is unarguably amongst the largest social media networks and is used by billions of people across all platforms worldwide. Facebook groups are a secure way to get to know and have a conversation with like-minded people across the world. Facebook offers three types of groups — public (visible to all), private (visible to all) and a hidden private group.
But, without going into the reasons, you might want to close a group, and here we are to explain how you can delete a Facebook group on the PC as well as the smartphone app.
What will happen when you delete a Facebook group?
When you delete a Facebook group, the change is permanent. This means that you cannot undo the deletion. Moreover, your group will not appear in the Facebook search.
Deletion also ensures that no one can join the group and the other admins cannot remove or add comments, photo, video or people to the group.
How to delete a Facebook group via the PC?
To delete a Facebook group, follow the instructions given below.
Step 1: Sign in on Facebook and then select your group from by clicking on the Group option on the left tab. Alternatively, you can click the downward arrow at the top right of the screen and then select Manage Group. Step 2: Click on Members tab on the left sidebar.Step 3: Here, you will see all the members of the group. To remove a member, click on the three-dot button on the right of the member and then select Remove from the group. After you are done, click Confirm. Perform this action for each member of the group. Step 4: After you have removed each member from the group, click on Leave Group next to your name.Step 5: Click on Leave and Delete. Also read: How to merge two Facebook pages?
How to delete a Facebook group via the Android and iOS app?
- Open the Facebook app and then tap on the hamburger menu at the top-right (Android) or the bottom right (iOS).
- From the menu, tap on Group and then select your group.
- Now, tap on the Administrator tools icon on the top right of the screen.
- Tap on Members option from the menu.
- Here, tap on the individual member to open a set of options. Select Remove member to remove the member from the group. Remove each member of the group with the same process until you are the only one remaining.
- Now that, you are the last member of the group, tap on the horizontal three-dot icon and then select Leave Group option from the pop-up menu at the bottom.
- When prompted, tap on Leave and Delete.
Also read: How to make a Facebook post shareable?