Vizio is one of the most popular sellers of TVs and Soundbars in the USA; it also sells viewer data and advertising. The company is based in Irvine, California and was founded in 2002. Some users of Vizio smart TV are facing some issues while using it and they want to know how to reboot the Vizio smart TV.
In this article, we have discussed different methods to help you connect the Vizio TV to WiFi without the remote in a few easy steps.
Also read: How to turn on TCL TV without remote?
Connecting Vizio TV to WiFi without remote
Below we have explained a few methods that will help you connect the Vizio TV to the WiFi without the remote.
Use a universal Remote
Universal remotes can be very helpful when the original TV remote stops working, you can manage multiple devices at once using a universal remote. You will need a code to pair the universal remote to the Vizio TV, the codes are usually given in the manual, but if you don’t have the manual then you can try finding the codes online. Click here to view codes available on Vizio’s website for a universal remote.
If you want to know how to pair a universal remote to your Vizio TV then follow the steps below.
- Turn on the TV by pressing the Power button on the TV which is usually located on the front, back or side of the TV depending on its model.
- Press and hold the TV button on the remote for about five seconds or until the power light is lit.
- Enter the code to pair the remote.
- After pairing the remote navigate to the Menu> Network.
- Select the network you want to connect to and then click on Connect.
Also read: How to remove Pin from Plex?
Connect Router and Vizio TV through Ethernet cable
Many Vizio smart TVs has ethernet port available but there are some that don’t. Check your TV for the ethernet port and if the ethernet port is available on the TV then follow the steps to connect the Vizio TV to the internet through an ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the router and the other to the TV.
- Turn on the TV by pressing the Power button on the TV.
- Check whether the TV has recognised the wired connection with the router or not.
Use a mouse or keyboard
Vizio smart TVs have USB ports available on the back or side depending on their model, after plugging the device into the port it will configure the USB mouse or keyboard on its own. However, some Vizio smart TVs might not support peripheral devices. To verify that you have to connect the peripheral device and then check whether it’s working or not, if it’s working then navigate to the WiFi settings and connect to the WiFi.
Also read: How to sync Roku remote without the pairing button?