Dropbox provides cloud-based storage since 2007, which is handy if you want to share the files with your colleagues while travelling or on vacations, and it’s also a convenient avenue to share your vacation photos with friends and family. Cloud Storage also helps in reducing the load as you do not require hard disks to and other storage equipment. All you need is a device and an internet connection.
If in case you want to delete your Dropbox account for whatever reasons, here we have listed how you can delete your Dropbox account alongwith what will happen to your data after deletion.
Before deleting the Dropbox account, there are some crucial points that you should remember.
- Once you have deleted the account, you cannot undo the deletion.
- Download all the important files before deleting the account.
- If you are a paid user, remember to cancel the subscription first. This will return you to the basic account, but you can still use the premium mode until the end of the billing period.
Also read: How to delete your IMO account?
What will happen to your data after you have deleted the account?
The following will happen when you delete the account.
- You cannot access the files on the Dropbox account.
- All the syncing will stop immediately.
- You will not be able to access the account.
- However, the files on the Dropbox folder on your PC will remain intact, and you can access them whenever you like.
- The files and folders that you have shared will remain with the users.
- All your files will be removed from the Dropbox server.
Note: If you are deleting the account because of the storage problems, you can unsync those files that you do not want on your account.
How to delete your Dropbox account?
Now that you have understood what will happen to the files let us delete the Dropbox account. To delete your Dropbox account, you will have to sign in on the website. You cannot delete the account from the app. Step 1: Click on the avatar at the top right corner of the screen.Step 2: Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.Step 3: Scroll down and then click on the Delete account. Step 4: Enter the password and then click on Permanently delete.
Also read: How to delete your OLX account?
Deputy Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant writes at the intersection of tech and culture and has a keen interest in science, social issues and international relations.
You can contact him here: [email protected]