While it’s pretty straightforward to delete a Reddit account using your PC browser, unfortunately, you can’t delete a Reddit account using the Reddit app. However, you can still do that using the mobile or desktop version of the Reddit website.
One of the main requirements to delete your Reddit account is the username and password for the account. You’ll not only need them to log into the account but also confirm the deletion.
Before you go ahead though, it’s important to note that you won’t be able to create a new account using the same username and won’t be able to recover the deactivated account either.
Open Safari, Chrome or any other browser you prefer on your phone and follow the steps mentioned below to delete your Reddit account on the app.
- Go to www.Reddit.com. Alternatively, you can also click on this link to go to the Reddit account deactivation page; however, it didn’t work for us.
- Log in using your username and password, or continue with Apple/Google credentials.
- Then tap on the Hamburger (triple horizontal bars) menu icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings to open more options.
- Then tap on Account settings.
- On the next page, enter your Reddit username and password again.
- Then tap on the checkbox with the message “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable’.
- Now tap on the Deactivate button.
- Confirm your Reddit account deletion by tapping on Deactivate button on the follow-up prompt.
Your Reddit account will be deleted, and you’ll be redirected to the login page.
Note that Reddit doesn’t delete the content posted or comments by your profile automatically upon deletion; you’ll have to delete your posts individually before proceeding with the deletion of your Reddit account. If you want to copy all subreddits to a new Reddit account, check out our guide here.
Also read: How to become a Rapido Captain?