Google Pay, also known as GPay, is a digital wallet and an online payment app that allows people to recharge, pay bills, make merchant payments, or send to friends. Gpay also introduced features such as bill split, making splitting bills easier. It is currently the second most popular app for UPI transactions. UPI transactions can be tracked and accounted for by using VPA.
This article explains what is VPA and will guide you on how to find the VPA in Google Pay.
What is VPA?
Virtual Payment Address (VPA) is a digital address that can send and receive digital payments instead of a physical address, such as a street address, bank account number, or email address. VPA acts as an alternative to traditional addresses.
VPA for UPI payments will help reduce the cost of making payments, especially in areas with poor connectivity. The recipient can then use their UPI app to request real-world cash or cheque from the sender. This will reduce the cost and time of making payments, especially in areas with poor connectivity.
Advantages of VPA
Listed below are a few of the advantages of VPA.
- Using a single address/name to keep track of all transactions.
- Easier payments from any account with a linked mobile number.
- Instant payments.
- Tracking of previously made transactions.
- No restriction on bank holidays or weekends for completing the transfer of funds.
- The addition of the payee or any beneficiary isn’t required.
- Fast transactions.
- No third party is required. The transactions are bank to bank and not via any other e-wallet; hence the bank interest is still applicable on the funds, which weren’t applicable on the funds stored in e-wallets for payments.
- No charges on the transfer of funds.
How to find VPA in GPay?
VPA can be found under the UPI ID tab. Essentially, UPI is the service that allows you to make payments, while VPA is the identifier allowing transactions to identify the account. But both are very closely related and are often interchangeable.
- Open Google Pay, and click on the photo in the top right corner.
- Click on the Bank Account option.
- Under the Payment methods, select the required Bank Account.
- Click on Manage UPI IDs under the detailed bank account details.
The VPA/UPI ID is available under the same.