Instagram is an immensely popular social media platform where you can share stories, posts, reels, videos, and messages. With the increasing number of content every day on Instagram, sharing memes, reels, or stories with your friends individually is tiresome.
In this article, we explain how you can make a group on Instagram to reduce your sharing workload.
Also read: How to hide followers on Instagram?
Using Instagram app
Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and login if you are not already logged on to the app. Follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the top right corner of your home feed or swipe left to go to messages.
- Tap on the top right corner at the plus icon.
- A search bar along with the list of anyone you have ever messaged on Instagram will show up. You can click on more than one person and name your group because if you tap on the back button, the group will disappear.
- Tap on the top-right corner again, on Chat to message the group.
- To add more people, you can click at the top on the names of the group members, then scroll down and tap on Add people. This way you can search and add more friends.
Using Instagram web
Log into your Instagram account and then follow the step given below:
Step 1: On the left-side of your home page, from the options given, click on Messages.
Step 2: On the top-right corner of your message list you will find a pad and pen icon. Click on this icon.
Step 3: This will open up small dialogue box of your followers. Tap on whomsoever you would like to add in your group.
This way you can create a group on Instagram using their website.
Also read: How many people can you follow on Instagram?
If you have created the group, then as an admin you can turn on the Invite link by clicking on the name of the group which will lead you to a series of options. Invite links can be used by any member of the group to invite any individual regardless of whether they follow you or not. They are a typical way of having an open group, where in case you do not want to add anyone individually, you can send them this link.
The following steps will help you to turn on/off the invite link :
- Tap on the group name or the names of the members at the top of the group in case of no group name. Look for and tap on the Invite link option.
- Look for and tap on the Invite link option. This will lead you to a button where you can switch it on or off.
- You will also be shown options to reset the link, copy the link, or send it within the Instagram app, either to one person or to another group.
Switching on or off the link will notify all the members of the group. This way they can copy the link and invite members as well.
Always curious, calm, and a little crazy, you can find me daydreaming or studying. An avid reader, traveler, and a graduate of Aviation Science, I love gaining new experiences in life and star gazing.
You can contact her here: [email protected]