Over the years, Instagram has become one of the most popular social media platforms on the planet. As more features keep pouring on, so does the number of people signing up on the app.
Tagging people in photos is something we’re all aware of by this point. It’s a feature in just about every social media network, including the likes of Facebook, Twitter, and of course, Instagram.
However, being tagged in photos you’d rather not have shown on your profile can be a problem. You may not control who tags you in pictures, but you can always remove unwanted tags.
In this article, we’re going over how to untag yourself from pictures on Instagram. Alternatively, you can also hide the tagged image from your profile. People won’t see it in the Tagged section of your account, but to anyone else who comes across the picture, they’ll still be able to see whether or not you’re tagged in the image.
Also read: How to add highlights on Instagram without posting?
Untagging on Instagram
Here’s how you can manage your tags on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app and head over to your profile.
- Tap on the tagged images icon to see your tagged images.
- Tap on the image you want to remove the tag from.
- Once the photo opens, click the three vertical dots to the right of the poster’s username.
- Tap Tag Options…
- From here, you can remove the tag by tapping on the Remove Me from Post option.
Alternatively, you can use the Hide From My Profile to hide the photo publicly from your tagged pictures, but you’ll still be tagged in the picture. If someone sees the photo anywhere else on Instagram, they’ll still be able to see the tag.
Also read: How to hide your story on Instagram?