Phonepe is a digital payments platform that allows you to make online transactions. You can choose from multiple payment modes such as UPI, net banking, Phonepe wallet and debit or credit cards. As a fully verified customer, you can transfer the money from your Phonepe wallet to your bank accounts. Not only this, you can put the money in your wallet for different uses.
Phonepe wallet is a semi-closed prepaid payment instrument that is an in-app developed wallet to hold your money for in-app transactions. In Phonepe, you can top-up and pay through your wallet for different services. If you are confused about how to use the Phonepe wallet, here’s a list of all the things you can do using the money in your wallet, followed by a guide to help you refill the wallet.
Also Read: How to request money on PhonePe?
Uses of the Phonepe Wallet balance
If you have some balance available in your Phonepe wallet, you can use it to avail the services available through the Phonepe switch. Here are a few quick and intelligent suggestions for using the money in your Phone wallet.
- You can recharge your mobile phone.
- Make quick payments to the online merchant.
- Purchase subscriptions for online services.
- Bill payments for electricity, broadband and other utilities with an Auto Pay option.
- Book movie and concert tickets.
- Book your train, flight and bus tickets.
- Order online from your favourite restaurants and pay using the wallet.
Also Read: What is PhonePe’s daily transaction limit?
Top up the balance in Phonepe Wallet
To top up your Phonepe wallet with funds, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Phonepe app and tap on the Phonepe Wallet option.
- Your current wallet balance will display on the screen under the Current Balance heading.
- If your wallet balance is low, you can top up by adding more money. Enter the amount for a top-up in the Enter Amount field under the Top up Wallet heading. You can also choose from the recommended options present in this field.
- After entering the amount, click on the highlighted Proceed To Top up button.
- You get an option to set an auto top-up for your wallet. You can either click on Set Auto Top-Up or the Continue to Top up option as per your choice. Choose either one of them.
- Now you get the list of various payment methods to proceed with the top-up. Choose your preferred payment mode from the list.
- You redirect to the UPI PIN verification screen if your selected payment mode is UPI. You must provide your CVV number for verification if you choose to pay with your credit or debit card.
- Click on the Pay button to continue with the payment after choosing the option.
- After verifying the requested details, your wallet will top up with the requested amount.
Also read: How to find VPA in Google Pay?