Last month, Huawei has announced their latest four flagship smartphones to join its Mate 20 series — Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20X and Mate 20RS — at their event in London, UK and one of them, Huawei Mate 20 Pro has been launched in India at INR 69,990.
All of the four Huawei Mate 20 series devices support wireless projecting that allows users to project presentation, gaming or video to a larger screen — like a TV or a projector. Even in this mode, the devices can be used to send messages or make phone calls without hindering your privacy.
The proprietary Huawei Kirin 980 SoC also powers all of the four Mate 20 devices, which also sport a triple-lens rear camera, though differing in specs and features. This is the first Huawei Mate series device to be launched in India.
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be available on Amazon starting December 3 for Prime members and a day later others. It will also be available in all Croma stores across the countries starting December 10.
The company is also giving the option of bundling the smartphone with Sennheiser PXC 550 headphones for INR 71,990.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro specs and features
- Display: The Huawei Mate 20 Pro features a 6.39-inch OLED 2K (3120 x 1440) 538 ppi display.
- Design: The Mate 20 Pro comes with the same unique squarish design for the Leica-powered triple-lens rear camera as the rest of the Mate 20 series devices. Although it features a larger notch than the Mate 20 and Mate 20 X, it’s slimmer in width, and its front has 3D glass curved edges. The back panel is made of a textured glass that is non-slip and anti-fingerprint.
- IP 68 certified: It is certified to be splash, water and dust resistant.
- Processor: The device is powered by Huawei’s in-house 7nm Kirin 980 chipset that is based on A 76 Cortex (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz).
- Camera: The Mate Pro version also sports a Leica triple lens camera at the rear but with better specs (40MP wide angle lens + 20MP ultra wide angle lens + 8MP telephoto lens), which comes with a lot of AI-powered features and a 24MP shooter at the front that supports 3D depth sensing, which enables 3D face unlocking.
- Memory and Storage: The Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes in two variants: 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM with 256GB internal storage. Storage on both can be expanded up to 256GB using the company’s proprietary nano memory card (NM card).
- Battery: The device is backed by a larger 4200mAh battery that can be charged up to 70% in 30 minutes using a USB type-C cable. It supports 40W SuperCharge wire charging and 15W wireless Quick Charge.
- Wireless reverse charging: This feature can be used to charge other smartphones that support wireless charging.
- OS: The Huawei Mate 20 Pro runs on EMUI 9.0 skin that runs on top of Android 9 Pie.
- Biometrics: It can be unlocked either using the 3D face unlocking tech or the in-screen fingerprint sensor.
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (wave2), 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, type-C headphone jack,
- Sensors: The Huawei Mate 20 Pro houses the following sensors: Gravity, ambient light, proximity, fingerprint (in-screen), hall, laser, infrared, colour temperature sensors, gyroscope, compass and barometer.
- GPS: GPS (L1 + L5 dual band) / AGPS / Glonass / BeiDou / Galileo (E1 + E5a dual band) / QZSS (L1 + L5 dual band).
- NFC: It also supports NFC in the following modes: Read Write mode / Peer to Peer mode / Card Emulation mode (payment by slot 1 SIM card, or HCE) is supported.
- Colours: The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is available in midnight blue, black, twilight and emerald green colours.
- Dimensions: 157.8mm x 72.3mm x 8.6mm and weighs 186g.
If you’re a beach bum, you can also buy the customised snorkelling case for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, which will let you take your phone into water up to 5 metres deep and shoot with the help of water camera mode.
What’s in the box of Huawei Mate 20 Pro?
A handset, type-C headset, type-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter, charger, type-C cable, protective case, quick start guide, sim eject tool, warranty card.
While the Huawei Mate 20 Pro was launched in two variants in Europe, the company has currently only announced the price for its 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage one.
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]