Many Lenovo users are facing an issue while charging their laptops, whenever they plug in the charger the laptop is showing a plugged-in, not charging issue. This issue is caused by various reasons and can be resolved by following some easy and simple methods.
In this article, we have discussed the causes of the Lenovo laptop not charging issue and four fixes to help you resolve the issue.
What are the causes of the laptop not charging issue?
Here are a few possible reasons that might be causing the Lenovo laptop not charging issue:
- The power cord or adapter is damaged.
- The battery is damaged.
- The battery driver is outdated.
- BIOS is not updated.
Also read: How to fix error: subprocess-exited-with-error?
How to fix the laptop not charging issue?
Here are four fixes that might help you resolve the Lenovo laptop not charging issue:
Check the power cord and adapter
The most common reason for the plugged-in not charging issue is that the power cord or adapter is not connected properly or is damaged. So make sure the power cord is not damaged and similarly check the AC adapter too.
Update the battery driver of your laptop
One of the reasons that your laptop is showing a plugged-in not charging issue is that the battery driver of your laptop is outdated. So download and update your laptop’s battery driver to the latest version from the manufacturer’s website or you can use a third-party driver updating tool to update your laptop’s drivers.
Also read: How to fix Could not find the recovery environment error?
Power reset your laptop
If the above methods did not work for you then you can try power resetting your laptop, many users have resolved the plugged-in not charging issue by power resetting their laptop. Follow the steps below to power reset your laptop:
- Shut down your laptop.
- Unplug the power cord from your laptop.
- Remove your laptop’s battery.
- Then press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds and then release it, to drain out the leftover charge.
- Put the battery back in the laptop and then plug in the charger.
- Turn on your laptop and check the charging status, it should resolve the issue.
Update the BIOS of your laptop
BIOS is software which is responsible for detecting and troubleshooting the hardware issue on a laptop. If the BIOS is not up to date then it might cause different issues like plugged-in and not charging issues. To update your laptop’s BIOS, follow the steps below:
- Go to Lenovo’s support page and let it detect your laptop’s details.
- Go to the product page > Driver & Software > BIOS.
- Then follow the on-screen steps.
Check your battery status after plugging in the charger.
Also read: How to fix Yupoo net error?