At present, WhatsApp doesn’t provide a way for you to log out from the app. However, there are a few workarounds that you can try to log out from Whatsapp.
In this article, we discuss two of the workarounds so that you can log out from WhatsApp as per your wish.
Log out of Whatsapp by signing into another device
You can log out from WhatsApp on your current device by and then re-install WhatsApp on another device. On the other device, register your old WhatsApp number there.
When you remove your phone number from the current device, you will see the following message when you open WhatsApp on your current device: Your phone number is no longer registered with WhatsApp on this phone. This might be because you registered it on another phone. You will also receive a notification on your device titled Logged out of WhatsApp and below that the following message will be displayed: Your phone number is no longer registered on this phone. When you have registered and verified your number via the OTP on your new device’s WhatsApp, you will see the following message on the old device: WhatsApp registration code was requested for your phone number.Also read: How to turn off your last seen in Whatsapp?
Ideally, you should clear WhatsApp data and cache from the current device before logging out and should also uninstall the app. Here are the steps to clear data and cache as well as uninstall WhatsApp.
- Open Settings of your device.
- In the Settings menu, go to Apps and then select WhatsApp.
- Now, go to Storage and then tap on Clear Storage and Clear Cache options.
- Return to the WhatsApp settings and then tap on Uninstall to remove WhatsApp from the device.
Also read: How to turn off read receipts in Whatsapp?
Log out of from WhatsApp Web via PC or App
WhatsApp has this incredible option known as WhatsApp Web where you can carry on with your normal WhatsApp on the PC. To use WhatsApp on the PC, tap the three-dot button > WhatsApp Web > Scan the QR Code.
- On the top left corner, click on the Menu button.
- After that click on Log out. This will log out your current session from the WhatsApp Web.
- Go to the Menu option (for Android and Windows users) or Settings option (for iPhone users) and select WhatsApp Web.
- You will see information about the devices on which you have logged in along with the time stamp. To log out, click on Log out from all devices > Log out. You will be logged out from the WhatsApp Web.
Remember, you can log out from the phone only after you have connected with WhatsApp Web. If not, you won’t see this option.
Also read: How to send Whatsapp messages to yourself?