Lenovo-owned Motorola has launched a new smartphone under the ‘Android One’ moniker — the Motorola One Power — on September 24 and will be available via Flipkart exclusively in India.
The Motorola One Power has been made in collaboration with Google’s Android One programme, which features a stock Android experience — as intended without any skin on top.
It will receive security updates for the next three years and also features a smart camera that is powered by Google Lens.
The Motorola One Power will retail at a price of INR 15,999. The registrations start on September 24, and the sale and shipment starts 12pm, October 5.
“We’re giving you the latest software and AI-powered innovations from Google, right out of the box. Android One gives you a smart, secure and simple device,” Motorola stated.
Check out our comparison: Motorola One vs Motorola One Power – 10 similarities and differences
- Display: The Motorola One Power comes with a 6.2-inch Max Vision Full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 19:9.
- Design: The One Power features the trending notch with bezels on the bottom. It comes with a P2i splash resistant rating.
- Processor: The device is powered by the octa-core (8x Kryo 260)Snapdragon 636 that clocks at 1.8Ghz and is supported by Adreno 509 GPU.
- Memory: The Motorola One Power comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card.
- Camera: It features a dual camera setup on the rear with 16MP, and 5MP lenses and the front camera is a 12MP unit with LED flash.
- Battery: The massive 5000mAh battery on the device can last up to two days and charges for 6 hours of use within 15 minutes with the Turbo charger supplied alongwith.
- OS: The Android One-powered device will initially roll out with Android 8 Oreo out-of-the-box but will receive the Android 9 Pie update soon after its launch.
- Sensors: Proximity, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope and e-compass.
The Motorola One Power will be available in black colour and supports dual nano-SIM. The fingerprint scanner is located at the rear embedded with the Moto logo.
You’ll also be able to use Moto gesture controls such as chopping to toggle on the flash or opening the camera with two twists of your wrist. You can pre-order the device here.
The Motorola One Power is smarter, quicker and safer.
Courtesy of the Google Lens-powered smart camera, the Motorola One Power can recognise text, search for recipes, translate words, browse outfits and much more.
You also get unlimited cloud storage for your high-resolution images with Google Photos and Google Assistant will help you do your tasks or even start a video at your (voice) command.
Since the Motorola One Power features stock Android, you do not have to deal with bloatware — say goodbye to pre-loaded apps — but you will get a few Moto and Android apps to enhance your experience with the device.
Getting rid of bloatware makes sure that the Motorola One Power runs smoothly by giving you more free space and also has access to the latest software updates by Google.
The Motorola One Power will receive two latest Android OS updates after release and three years of security updates — ending October 2021. This means that although they’ll be launching with Android 8 Oreo, you’ll be receiving the Android 9 Pie update soon after the launch and the next major Android Q OS launch — probably next year.
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]