Nokia 5.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1 Plus were launched by HMD Global at an event in Mumbai, India on August 21, 2018. Both the devices have received a massive cosmetic upgrade with little bezel notch at the top of the display.
Nokia 5.1 Plus gets a slightly bigger notch than the Nokia 6.1 Plus but boasts of a slightly bigger display at 5.86-inches but a lower-res HD+ display and the same aspected ration at 19:9.
Nokia 5.1 Plus Features
- Display: The Nokia 5.1 Plus features a 5.86-inch HD+ edge-to-edge display with a screen ratio of 19:9. The display is almost bezel-less with a small notch at the top and bezels at the bottom.
- Design: The device has 2.5D curved glass back casing and 93% of glass surface area at the front — both of which are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- SoC: The latest addition to Nokia’s stable is powered by MediaTek Helio P60 (4x A73 and 4x A53), both of which clock at speeds up to 1.8GHz.
- Memory and Storage: 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, which is expandable up to 400GB.
- Rear camera: The Nokia 5.1 Plus sports AI-powered a dual-lens camera on the rear with 13MP and 5MP sensors supporting HDR photography.
- Front camera: The device also has a 8MP selfie camera.
- Operating System: The Nokia 5.1 Plus runs on Android 8 Oreo out-of-the-box and since it’s an Android One device, it already has received the Android 9 Pie update in beta and will soon be receiving its official release.
- Battery: The device has a 3060mAh battery pack with quick charge support.
- The device also features Bluetooth 4.2 technology
You might also like: Samsung Galaxy Note9 vs Galaxy Note8: 11 key talking points
Price and Availability
The Nokia %.1 Plus will go on sale in September 2018. The device is selling as a Flipkart exclusive, so it’ll only be available via the official Nokia website and the Indian ecommerce giant.
The official cost of the device in INR will be disclosed nearing its retail date, but the global indicative price of the Nokia 5.1 Plus is €199.
The new Nokia device is available in the following three colours: Gloss Midnight Blue, Gloss White and Gloss Black.
What’s in the box?
- Nokia 6.1 Plus
- 10W charger
- USB Type-C cable
- Quick guide
- SIM door key
More in News: Google tracks your location even when you tell it not to
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]