PhonePe is a convenient platform for users to transfer money, settle bills, and make purchases. However, with the growing dependence on digital financial services, the potential for security breaches and fraudulent activities has also risen.
To tackle these risks, PhonePe and other payment apps implement a security measure known as account blocks. Though this measure may cause inconvenience to users, it plays an important role in safeguarding their financial resources and personal information.
In this article, we have discussed different types of account blocks and how you can block and unblock your account.
Types of account blocks
There are several types of account blocks, and we have listed them below.
- You can block your account for any unauthorised activity through your PhonePe account.
- You can block your account if you have lost your mobile device or sim card.
- PhonePe imposed a temporary block for entering the wrong password more than once.
Also read: What is VPA in PhonePe? How to find it?
Block your account if you think any unauthorised activity happened through your account
If you think any unauthorised activity has been done through your PhonePe account, follow the steps below to report the matter to PhonePe customer support and block your account.
- Open the PhonePe app and tap the Help icon at the top right corner.
- Under Other Topics on Account Security & Reporting Fraudulent Activity option.
- On the next page, expand How do I report a payment fraud on PhonePe? option.
- Select a reason from the list.
- Tap on the Report button.
- You will be redirected to the customer support page, tell them everything about the unauthorised activity, and they will start the investigation and block your account temporarily.
Block your account if you have lost your phone or sim card.
If you have lost your phone or sim card, you must immediately report it by contacting PhonePe customer support on phone no. 080-68727374/ 022-68727374. After reporting the loss of a phone or sim card the customer support executive will ask you to share the below-mentioned information to verify your account.
- The mobile number you’ve registered with PhonePe
- The email ID you’ve registered with PhonePe
- Information regarding the last payment made on PhonePe (transaction number or type)
- Value of your last payment
- Names of the bank accounts that you’ve linked on PhonePe
After sharing the information, the customer support team will verify the account, start the investigation, and temporarily block your account.
Unblock the account
Contact PhonePe customer support at the following phone numbers to unblock the temporarily blocked account. 080-68727374/ 022-68727374 again from the registered mobile number on PhonePe.
Account temporarily blocked for entering the wrong password
If you’ve typed the wrong password for your PhonePe account multiple times, the app will block your account for 24 hours to ensure security. During this time, you’ll need to wait for the block to be lifted. After 24 hours, you can log in again using the right password or reset your password if you’ve forgotten it.
Also read: How to change UPI Pin in PhonePe?