Players using PS4 are facing an issue with the PS4 controller, it is flashing white light. These issues are not serious but still, they might make the players a little worrisome about their controller. There is nothing to worry about, these issues are caused by minor technical problems and are easy to fix.
In this article, we have discussed the causes of the flashing white light on the PS4 controller and five ways to help you fix the error.
What are the causes of the flashing white light on the controller?
Here are the two possible reasons that might be causing the flashing white light on the PS4 controller:
- The battery is dying.
- The controller is unable to connect to the console.
Also read: How to fix PS4 controller orange light?
How to fix the flashing white light issue?
Here are five fixes to help you resolve the flashing white light on your controller issue:
Check the cable
It is possible that the cable you are using to charge your controller might be faulty and that is why the controller is unable to charge and flashing white light. So, check and replace the cable, you can also use an android charging cable to check whether the cable is faulty or not. Plug in the android phone charging cable and if the controller light changes to blue or orange and the controller starts charging then the cable was faulty.
Restart the console
Restarting the console is a very simple method but it is effective too, restarting a system removes all the cycle issues like issues related to RAM, apps, cache and other protocols. To restart the console press the power button until it beeps twice, then press the power button again to start it again.
Hard reset the console
Hard resetting the console will remove all the power bugs that might be preventing the controller from charging. Follow the step below to hard reset the console:
- Turn off the console by pressing and holding the power button for at least five seconds or until you hear two beeps.
- Now, unplug the power cord and wait for at least 5-6 minutes.
- Plug back in the power cord and turn on the console.
- Connect the controller.
Reset the controller
Resetting the controller might resolve the flashing white light issue on the controller, it resets the firmware of the controller to default and fixes almost all the problems related to the controller. To reset the controller follow the steps below:
- The reset button is on the back of the controller.
- Put a Paper clip or sim ejector in the hole.
- Press and hold it for 5-7 seconds to reset your controller.
- Connect the controller again to the console and turn it on.
Turn on the console in Safe mode
This process of turning on your console in safe mode will bypass all the bugs and issues that are preventing communication between the controller and the console. To turn on your console in safe mode follow the steps below:
- Turn off the console by holding the power button for at least three to five seconds.
- Press and hold the power button on the console again until you hear two beeps.
- Now, connect the controller to the console using the USB cable.
- Then press the PS button.
Also read: Cannot access system storage in PS4: 5 Fixes