Resetting your Google WiFi helps solves a lot of problems that might be causing errors and issues in the functioning of the WiFi or you can reset the Google WiFi when you are giving it back to Google or some other person.
Resetting the Google WiFi delete all the data stored in the device which helps it to start fresh and work properly. If you are giving it back to Google or to someone then resetting WiFi will help you protect your data.
In this article, we have discussed how to reset Google WiFi from the device and how to reset Google WiFi using that app.
Also read: How to use Google Home Mini without WiFi?
Resetting the Google WiFi with the latest firmware
If you have the device with the latest firmware then follow the steps below to reset your Google WiFi:
- Ensure that the device is plugged in during the entire reset process.
- Look for the Factory Reset button at the back of your device.
- Press the button until the device flashes an Orange light, and then it will turn Blue.
- Stop pressing the factory reset button, when the light turns blue.
- The reset process will take up to 10 minutes.
- When the solid blue light starts to flash, that means that the device reset is complete and it is ready to use.
Resetting the Google WiFi with the old firmware
If you have the device with old firmware then follow the steps below to reset your Google WiFi:
- Unplug the power cable of your Google WiFi.
- Press and hold the Reset button at the back of the device.
- Plug in the power cable while pressing the Reset button.
- Release the Reset button when the device starts flashing white and then blue.
- The blue light will flash for about 30 seconds and then it will turn to solid blue.
- It will take around 10 minutes for the reset process to complete.
- Once the blue light starts flashing again, then it means the device reset is complete and it is ready to use.
Resetting the Google WiFi through the device will not delete your information instantly, your information will be preserved in the app for up to six months.
Resetting your Google WiFi through the app will clear alll your data immediately.
Resetting the Google WiFi through the app
Resetting through the app is also an easy and simple method and also it deletes all your data immediately after you reset your Google WiFi.
- Open the Google Home app and then tap on the WiFi icon.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings.
- Then tap on the Factory Reset Network option.
- Tap the Ok button and let the reset process complete.
Also read: How to change WiFi on Google Home?