The Samsung Galaxy A7 with triple lens camera has been announced by the company. The 2018 version of the Galaxy A7 is scheduled to be launched on October 11 worldwide.
The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018 edition) features a 6-inch Super AMOLED display, supports Dolby Atmos immersive sound technology (for earphones) and comes with a premium glass design with a side fingerprint sensor.
“Samsung is committed to delivering meaningful innovation to all consumers across the Galaxy family, no matter who they are or where they are in the world,” said DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics.
“That’s why we’re excited to introduce innovative new features to the A series with the Galaxy A7, a practical but powerful device that is built to help make your every day both convenient and extraordinary.”
Galaxy A7 Triple Camera features
The Samsung Galaxy A7’s 24MP front camera with adjustable LED flash helps you take better pictures with bokeh effect and selfie focus. It also supports AR emoji and many filters.
The triple lens rear camera of the Galaxy A7 features a 120° 8MP ultra-wide angle lens (f 2.4) that captures images just the way you see them.
The 24MP lens and 5MP depth lens coupled with Galaxy A7’s Live Focus feature, lets you control the depth of field and adjust the shot with bokeh effect.
The camera works better in low light conditions as it automatically combines four pixels into one to create a less grainy image.
Samsung’s intelligent scene optimiser feature automatically detects the subject and adjusts the contrast, colour and brightness to optimise the image quality.
The following 19 intelligent scene categories are detected and optimised: Food, Portraits, Flowers, Indoor scenes, Animals, Landscapes, Greenery, Trees, Sky, Mountains, Beaches, Sunrises and sunsets, Watersides, Street scenes, Night scenes, Waterfalls, Snow, Birds, Text
Samsung Galaxy A7 Specs
- Display: The Galaxy A7 features a 6-inch Full HD+ (1080×2220) Super AMOLED display.
- Camera: The rear camera of A7 has triple lens structure with a 24MP lens, an ultra-wide angle 8MP lens and another 5MP lens. The front camera is a 24MP unit.
- Processor: The Samsung Galaxy A7 is powered by an octa-core 2.2GHz processor
- Memory: The 2018 Galaxy A7 comes in three variants (RAM/Storage) – 4GB/64GB, 4GB/128GB, 6GB/128GB.
- Battery: The device is backed by a 3300 mAh battery.
- OS: It runs on Android 8 Oreo out-of-the-box.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-B, Location (GPS, Glonass, BeiDou)
- Sensors: The Samsung Galaxy A7 has the following sensors – Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- NFC: NFC payment may be available depending on the country
- Design: The Galaxy A7 has rounded edges, measures 159.8 x 76.8 x 7.5 mm and weighs 168g
The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018 edition) is available in four colours — Black, Blue, Gold and Pink. Although the device comes with Samsung Bixby, Samsung Pay and Samsung Health, Bixby voice isn’t available on the device and availability of Samsung Pay depends on your country.
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]