Samsung Galaxy A80 has been announced by the company, and it comes with a rotating camera — a single unit that acts as both the front and rear camera — which, according to the company, is ‘built for the era of live’.
The rotating camera on the Galaxy A80 is a first in the smartphone industry, but it does raise some questions. Industry experts are a bit skeptical about the increasing reliance of smartphone manufacturers on hardware — such as the sliding and rotating camera interface seen on Samsung Galaxy A80.
“Consumers are at the centre of everything we do, and they search for devices personalised to their specific lifestyle. Armed with our expertise, global capabilities and rich consumer insights, Samsung is uniquely positioned to provide innovations for everyone,” said DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics.
“The Galaxy A Series provides a range of models so everyone can choose a device that fits their unique needs and enables them to pursue their passions. The Galaxy A80 offers premium features for digital natives who want to fully engage in the Era of Live.”
The company hasn’t announced the release date or the price of the Galaxy A80 yet. We’ll update this section as soon as we have more news.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Specs
Following are the major specs of the Galaxy A80.
- Display: The Samsung Galaxy A80 comes with a 6.7-inch FHD+(1080×2400) Super AMOLED ‘New Infinity Display’.
- Design: The device is enclosed in a metal frame and layered with 3D glass.
- Camera: The A80 sports with a single camera unit that rotates to function both as the rear and front camera. The triple-camera setup comes with a 48MP main lens, 8MP ultra wide lens and a 3D depth sensor.
- Processor: The device is powered by an octa-core processor (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa).
- Storage: It comes with 128GB internal storage, which isn’t expandable.
- Memory: The Galaxy A80 comes with 8GB RAM.
- Battery: It’s backed by a 3700mAh battery unit that can be charged via a 25W super fast charging.
- OS: Android 9 Pie
- Sound: The Galaxy A80 comes with a Dolby Atmos-powered speaker system that gives a 360-degree audio experience when using Bluetooth speakers or earphones.
- Biometrics: On-Screen Fingerprint
- Colour: Black, Gold, White
- Measurement: 165.2 x 76.5 x 9.3 mm
The Galaxy A80’s battery learns the daily routine and app usage pattern of a user and optimises the device’s power consumption accordingly. The device also comes with Bixby support, Samsung Knox security.
Users can customise their accessibility to Bixby personal assistant by either making it a button-activated feature or a hands-free one. The device also includes apps like Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]