Samsung has added to its 5G lineup of phones with the announcement of Galaxy A90 5G, which will be powered by the octa-core Snapdragon 855 chipset and also sports a 48MP shooter on the rear and 32MP on the front.
The Galaxy A80 features a 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080 x 2400) Super AMOLED infinity-u display, which also houses the on-screen fingerprint reader. It will be backed by a 4500 mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy A80 will come in two variants of 6GB and 8GB RAM, both of which will get 128GB internal storage. Though only the 6GB variant has an option to expand the storage by 512GB via a MicroSD slot.
“Samsung has worked tirelessly with our partners in the 5G ecosystem to bring 5G to as many people as possible, and now we are offering 5G connectivity across the entire Galaxy smartphone portfolio, giving more people high-speed access and connected experiences,” said DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics.
The device has been merely announced and there is no official announcement of price or release date for the device. We’ll update this space as soon as the company announces it.
“We are proud of our long-standing partnership with Samsung to bring the high-powered speed and performance of 5G to as many people as possible through the most advanced platform yet, the flagship Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform,” said Cristiano Amon, President, Qualcomm Incorporated.
However, buying 5G devices right now doesn’t make sense as the rollout of 5G is going to take several years to reach the masses, even in developed regions. Implementation of the 5G technology is capital-intensive, the effect of which will eventually trickle down on the end-user. Current crop of 5G phones have insignificant functionality until 5G networks are rolled out more widely by respective telecom networks in countries.
“Samsung’s innovative line of Galaxy devices paired with the Snapdragon X50 5G modem and Qualcomm RF-Front-End solutions will support an entirely new 5G experience that enables people to work faster and play harder, no matter where they are,” Amon added.
Samsung Galaxy A90 5G
- Display: Galaxy A80 features a 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080 x 2400) Super AMOLED infinity-u display
- Camera: Triple-lens camera at the rear with 48MP (F2.0) primary shooter, 8MP (F2.0; 128°) Ultra Wide lens and 5MP (F2.2) depth lens. 32MP (F2.0) front camera.
- Processor: Galaxy A90 5G is powered by the octa-Core Snapdragon 855 processor that clocks up to 2.84GHz, supported by Adren 640 GPU.
- Storage: The device has 128GB internal storage, which is expandable up to 512GB in the 6GB RAM variant only.
- Memory: The device comes in two options of 6 and 8GB RAM.
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Biometrics: On-display fingerprint scanner and face recognition
- Measurement: 164.8 x 76.4 x 8.4 mm
- Network: 5G non standalone (NSA), Sub6
Also read: Fitbit Versa 2 vs Fitbit Charge 3
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]