Qualcomm Technologies is one of the top players in the smartphone processor market, with 42% market share. There are various series of Qualcomm chipsets present for different price brackets for smartphones.
With the release of Snapdragon 710, the company brought some flagship-level features to the premium mid-range segment. 710 is the first in the 700 series and is based on the 10 nm manufacturing process. 710 offers features like 4K videos, faster LTE at a price workable for manufactures trying to produce mid-range devices.
Snapdragon 675 chipset is a direct successor to the current generation Snapdragon 670, which was announced in August last year. Snapdragon 675’s is the first to use Kryo 460 performance CPUs, based on the new Cortex A76 cores in 600 series.
Released in October 2017, Snapdragon 636 is powerful than its family members of 600 series because of the Kryo 260G. This processor separates itself from 600 series because of its custom cores that give out more juice than others in the same line-up.
Also read: MediaTek G90T vs Snapdragon 855 Plus
Snapdragon 710 vs 675 vs 636
The three Snapdragon chipsets have been compared on the following six parameters. A detailed side-by-side spec comparison is available in the table at the end of the article.
- Snapdragon 710 uses a 10 nm manufacturing node. Smaller the manufacturing node, the more is semiconductors can fit, and more power can be extracted.
- Snapdragon 675 uses an 11 nm manufacturing node which is intermediate between 710 and 636 manufacturing node.
- Snapdragon 636 uses a 14 nm manufacturing node which provides enough power to handle mid-range devices.
- The SD 710 uses 2 Kryo 360 (CA75) @ 2.2GHz and 6 Kryo 360 (CA55) @ 1.7GHz. These cores provide power ample for any smartphone user.
- The SD 675 has 2 Kryo 460 (CA76) @ 2.0GHz 256KB L2 and 6 Kryo 460 (CA55) @ 1.7GHz 64KB L2. These are the upgraded cores that were used in 670.
- SD 636 has 4 KryoG 260 @1.8GHz + 4 KryoS 260 @1.8GHz. All these cores power the device efficiently when used with the correct hardware.
GPUs and RAM
SD 710 uses Adreno 616 as the GPU and LPDDR4x as its supported RAM, while SD 675 uses Adreno 612 and LPDDR4x as its RAM requirement. SD 636 uses Adreno 509 as the GPU.
- Snapdragon 710 (Nokia 8.1) has a CPU score of 66524 and a GPU score of 49379, which combines to an overall rating of 171,010.
- Snapdragon 675 (Redmi Note 7 pro) has a CPU score of 85516 and GPU score of 36106, which combines with an overall rating of 181,467
- Snapdragon 636 (Redmi Note 5 pro) has a CPU score of 55347 and a GPU score of 21162, which combines to a total rating of 112,649.
The Snapdragon 710 has an X15 LTE (Category 15/13) as the integrated modem, while the Snapdragon 675 and 636 have the same Snapdragon X12 LTE (Category 12/13) modem.
SD 710 has Spectra 250 ISP with 32MP single/20MP dual-camera support. One step ahead, SD 675 has Spectra 250 ISP triple-camera support. SD 636 has Spectra 160 24MP single /16MP dual camera support.
Check out the table below to learn more about head-to-head specs for the Snapdragon 710, 675 and 636
|Category||Snapdragon 710||Snapdragon 675||Snapdragon 636|
|Node||10nm LPP||11nm LPP||14nm LPP|
|CPU||2 Kryo 360 (CA75) @ 2.2GHz + 6 Kryo 360 (CA55) @ 1.7GHz||2 Kryo 460 (CA76) @ 2.0GHz 256KB L2 + 6 Kryo 460 (CA55) @ 1.7GHz 64KB L2||4 KryoG 260 @1.8GHz + 4 KryoS 260 @1.8GHz|
|GPU||Adreno 616||Adreno 612||Adreno 509|
|Memory||2x 16-bit @ 1866MHz LPDDR4X 14.9GB/s 1MB system cache||2x 16-bit @ 1866MHz LPDDR4X 14.9GB/s 1MB system cache||Dual-Channel LPDDR4/4X 1333 MHz|
|Security||Hardware Token, Qualcomm Processor Security, Qualcomm Fingerprint Sensors, Application Security, Camera Security||Qualcomm Mobile Security, Qualcomm Processor Security, Qualcomm Content Protection||Qualcomm Processor Security, Application Security, Smart Camera|
|Camera||Spectra 250 ISP 32MP single / 20MP dual||Spectra 250 ISP|
|Spectra 160 24MP Single/16MP Dual|
|Video||4K UltraHD video capture @30FPS + Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS + 4K Ultra HD video playback support||4K UltraHD video capture @30FPS + Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS + 4K Ultra HD video playback support||4K UHD @ 30fps encode and decode|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.0|
|WiFi||802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n with peak speed of 867 mbps||802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n with peak speed of 867 mbps||802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n with peak speed of 433 mbps|
|Charging||Qualcomm Quick Charge Support: Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 technology||Qualcomm Quick Charge Support: Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology||Qualcomm Quick Charge Support: Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 technology|
|Peak Download/Upload Speed||LTE Peak Download Speed: 800 mbps / Upload Speed: 150 mbps||LTE Peak Download Speed: 600 mbps / Upload Speed: 150 mbps||LTE Peak Download Speed: 600 mbps / Upload Speed: 150 mbps|
|Display||“Up to Quad HD+|
Display Pixels: 3360×1440
External Display: Up to4K Ultra HD”
|“Up to FHD+|
Display Pixels: 2520×1080
External Display: Up to4K Ultra HD”
|“Up to FHD+|
External Display: Up to 1080p”
Also read: Snapdragon 855 Plus vs Apple A12 Bionic