Are you facing messages not sending to single contacts problem on your device? Usually, this is a minor bug that can be fixed easily.
In this article, we will diagnose this issue in detail and will give you some quick fixes to resolve it.
Messages not sending to single contacts: Possible reasons
Here are some of the most common reasons for messages not sending to single contacts:
One of the most common reasons why you cannot send messages to a single contact is that you have accidentally blocked them on your phone. This can happen if you tap on the block option while viewing their contact details or message thread.
Another possible reason for messages not sending to single contacts is that there is a network problem in your area or at your end. Either there is an internet outage or your internet plan has expired.
A third possible reason for messages not sending to single contacts is that there is a compatibility issue between your messaging app and theirs. Usually, this is a non-issue when trying to send an SMS. However, if you are using any specialised app like iMessage to send messages, you may face this issue. For example, if you are using an iPhone and they are using an Android phone, or if you are using WhatsApp and they are using Signal.
The fourth possible reason is the cache of your messaging app. Over time, the cache gets cluttered and corrupt which can affect many functionalities of your device.
SIM card issues
If your SIM card has been damaged or not inserted properly, you cannot send an SMS to your contacts.
Also read: Why is iMessage turned off? Quick Fix
Messages not sending to single contacts: Possible fixes
Now that we have understood the possible reasons for the above issues, let us now head to the fixes.
Check for contact blocking
Ensure that you haven’t blocked the contact that you are trying to send the message.
To check for contact blocking, follow the instructions given below:
- Open the Phone app and then tap on the three-dot button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- After that, had to Blocked Numbers and then press the cross button to unblock any number.
Fix your internet
As we have explained earlier, one of the most common reasons for messages not sending to single contacts is faulty internet.
Make sure that there is no network issue at your end. For that, there are certain things that you must first take care of:
- First, make sure that there isn’t any internet outage in your area. You can ask your Internet Service Provider for the information or you can visit their website.
- If there is no outage, then it is time to check the hardware to make sure that they are not damaged. Check all the hardware associated with the internet connection. That includes your router, modem, power cable, and the main power source, among others. Ensure that all the hardware is undamaged and working properly. If you notice any damage, change it asap.
- If the hardware is fine, then it is time to check the connections. Make sure that the cables are secured firmly in the proper ports.
- Sometimes, there is too much distance between the WiFi and the receiving device. Make sure that the distance is less. Or, you can directly connect the internet to your computer as it provides a more stable speed compared to WiFi.
- Also, remove any other electronic appliances that might interfere with the WiFi signals. While you are at it, place the WiFi on a raised platform so that the devices catch signals seamlessly.
- If there are many devices connected to your network, remove them before playing games on the internet as the devices share the limited bandwidth of the plan. You can also think of upgrading your existing internet plan.
Clear your messaging app’s cache
Sometimes, clearing the messaging app’s cache can easily fix the messages not sending to single contacts issue.
Here’s how to do that:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Messages.
- Tap on Storage and cache and then tap on Clear cache and Clear storage.
When switching messaging apps, turn off RCS chats if you’re not receiving messages. Disabling RCS (Rich Communication Services) can help resolve compatibility issues between different messaging apps.
Here’s how to disable RCS:
- Open the Messages app and then tap on your profile picture at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, select the Message settings option.
- Head to RCS chats and turn off the toggle next to Turn on RCS chats.
Delete and re-add the contact
Delete the problematic contact from your phone’s address book and re-add them. This can help resolve any contact-specific issues that may be causing message-sending problems.
To delete the contact, open the Phone app and then tap on Contacts. Here, select the contact and then tap on the three-dot button at the top right. Next, select Delete to permanently delete the contact.
Check SIM Card
As mentioned earlier, a faulty SIM card can also be the reason for messages not sending to single contacts issue. So, turn off your mobile and then take out the SIM card.
After that, insert the SIM card carefully in the allocated slot.
Also read: How to share Focus status?