Blink cameras are an excellent choice for those who want an efficient and quick way to monitor their homes and businesses. However, like any other gadget, they are not immune to problems and glitches.
One of the most common problems that users have reported the Blink camera stops working which can be frustrating especially when you rely on security cameras for your home or workplace monitoring. Fortunately, there are several fixes that you can try to resolve the issue.
In this article, we will discuss the causes of why the Blink camera is not working and in the next section we will give a few troubleshooting tips.
Causes of Blink camera not working
Before you proceed to the fixes, it is important to know the causes of the Blink camera not working. These can include:
- Poor WiFi connection: A weak or inconsistent WiFi connection can disrupt the normal functioning of your Blink camera.
- Dead batteries: Blink cameras are battery-powered. If the batteries malfunction or die, then it will cause the Blink camera to stop working.
- Outdated firmware: Outdated firmware might cause some issues with your Blink camera. Like all other gadgets, Blink cameras require constant firmware upgrades to keep them running smoothly.
- Hardware issues: Several hardware issues like a faulty camera or syncing module can cause issues with your Blink camera.
Also read: Why is my Blink camera flashing red?
Quick fixes to Blink camera not working issue
Now, let us dive into some of the fixes to resolve the Blink camera not working issue. Most of the fixes are easy and require little to no technical knowledge.
Check your WiFi strength
A weak WiFi is a primary reason why your Blink camera isn’t working. So, check your WiFi to ensure that it is working properly.
Make sure that all the hardware is working properly and maintain a minimum distance between the Blink camera and the WiFi. If too many devices are connected to your WiFi network, you should remove some of the devices to maintain the bandwidth. Or, you could upgrade the internet plan to accommodate all the devices.
Replace the batteries
As we have mentioned earlier, damaged or dead batteries are of no use and might damage the camera further. So, it is imperative that you change the batteries as soon as you can.
Also read: Does your phone charge faster in low-power mode?
Update the firmware
If you haven’t updated the firmware in a while, there is a high chance that this might have affected the normal working of your Blink camera. Check the Blink website for the latest firmware updates.
Place the Blink Sync Module at a minimum distance from the router
For a solid internet connection, make sure that the Blink Sync Module is placed not too far from your router. If this is the case, place them within a suitable distance from each other.
Restart the camera
Sometimes, restarting the Blink camera fixes minor glitches. To restart the Blink camera, unplug the camera’s syncing module from the power outlet and plug it back in after waiting for a few seconds.
Reset the Blink camera
Instead of resetting the Blink camera, you could reset the Sync Module as it is the Sync Module that connects the camera to the internet. Press and hold the reset button located at the side of the module until you see a red light.
Release the button and wait for the LED light to blink green or blue.
Also read: Ask to buy not working: Quick Fix
Some common error messages that you may encounter in a Blink camera
Below is a list of some of the common error messages that you can get if you are using a Blink camera. Remember, most of the fixes that we have mentioned in the above section work on these errors.
- Camera is offline: You will see this error message when there is no internet connection.
- Low battery: As the name suggests, this error message indicates that the batteries are running low and require immediate charging or a battery change.
- Sync Module offline: When the Sync Module isn’t working properly, you will see this error message.
- Camera firmware update failed: This error indicates that the camera firmware has failed to install.
- Camera not found: When the Blink app is unable to locate the camera on the network, you will receive this error message.
- WiFi connection failed: This error message indicates that the Blink camera was unable to connect to the network.
In conclusion, if your Blink camera is not working, there is no need to panic. Just follow the fixes and you can get your camera up and running in no time. If none of the fixes work, you can contact Blink support for more guidance.
Also read: Oculus controller not working: Quick Fix