While Android has a more customisable UI, iOS has its own charm, especially among its loyalists, but at times that charm comes with complexities, which can make the easiest of tasks complicated. One such task is deleting emails on an iPhone.
If you’ve recently switched from Android to iOS and can’t figure out how to do a task as simple as deleting some emails, I don’t blame you — went through the same initially. Android users have the liberty of long-pressing almost everything to see all the relevant options; that’s not the case with iOS.
If you long-press on an email in the Mail client app of your iPhone, you’ll see several options including “reply, forward, mark, notify me, mute, move message and archive message” but you won’t see an option to delete your email. However, that doesn’t mean that Apple forgot about giving you that option. It’s just placed a bit differently.
Since iPhone’s never had the usual three buttons — as seen on devices running Android 8 and earlier — and have more recently omitted the single home button they did, a lot of things are controlled via the screen gestures and deleting your emails on iPhone is one such thing.
Here we discuss how you can delete emails on your iPhone one by one or multiple emails at once and even delete all the emails from your iPhone at once.
Also read: How to delete albums in iPhone?
How to delete emails on the iPhone?
Below, we’ve discussed two methods using which you can delete the emails on your iPhone. If you wish to delete a single email from your iPhone, you can delete it straight away from the Inbox
Method 1: Delete a specific email from iPhone via Inbox
If you want to delete a particular email from your iPhone, go to the Mail app and follow the steps below.
- Open your inbox and left-swipe on the email that you want to delete.
- From the options that appear on the right of the email, tap on More.
- Scroll down on the menu and tap on Delete Message.
This will delete the email selected by you. If you want to delete multiple or all emails from your iPhone, check out the second and third method below.
Also read: How to find your iPhone’s IMEI number?
Method 2: Delete multiple emails on iPhone via Inbox
If you want to delete multiple or all emails from your iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Tap on the Edit button at the top-right of the inbox.
- Now tap on the box to the left of the emails you wish to delete. You can select multiple emails here or even delete them all by tapping on the Select All option at the top-left of the second screenshot from the left above.
- Long-press on the Archive button at the bottom right.
- Then tap on Delete Selected Messages.
Method 3: Delete multiple or all emails from iPhone via All Archives
If you want to delete multiple emails from your iPhone or empty the iPhone inbox, follow the steps below.
- Open your iPhone’s Mail app and tap on All Archive label.
- Tap on the Edit button at the top-right of the All Archive mailbox page.
- Now tap on the box to the left of the emails you wish to delete. You can select multiple emails here.
- Once you’ve selected all the emails you want to delete from your iPhone, tap on the Delete button on the bottom-right of the display.
If you don’t find the emails that you’re looking for in the All Archives folder, you’ll need to go to the respective inbox and archive the emails by simply swiping left on the emails from screen border to border.
If you want to delete all the emails on iPhone, tap on the Select All button (refer to the screenshot above, towards the extreme right).
How to make All Archives folder visible?
If by default, your All Archives folder isn’t visible, you can do that by following the steps below.
- In your Mail app home screen, tap on the Edit button at the top-right of the display.
- On the next page, scroll down and tap on the box beside All Archive option.
- Then tap on Done at the top-right of the display.
Also read: How to turn off Find My iPhone on iOS 13?