Viacom 18’s Voot has been around for a while and still is one of the few that runs an ad-supported streaming platform — for the most part. While it still has a long way to go in terms of overall popularity as well as the variety and volume of content on offer, Voot surely has a created a space for itself in the Indian market owing to the popular reality shows it streams.
While Voot isn’t pretty clear on how many videos you can download or for how long are the downloads available before they expire, we’ve tried answering your questions here.
In this article, you’ll learn how to download videos on Voot, followed by answers to what is the download limit on Voot, how to set download quality in the app and how to delete downloads.
How to download videos on Voot?
Downloading a video is as simple as it is on any other streaming platform. Go to the movie or an episode of the TV show you want to download and tap on the Download button (as shown below) to begin downloading the video.
If another video is already being downloaded, your current video will be sent to the download queue, which is represented by an encircled ellipsis icon. Once the download is complete, the same icon will turn into an encircled tick mark (refer to the screenshot below).
Also read: How many profiles can you have on Hulu?
How many videos can you download on Voot?
While Voot hasn’t yet disclosed an official download limit, we tried downloading a few episodes from different TV shows at the highest available video download quality (720p) and were able to download a total of eight episodes, which had a collective playtime of 280 minutes.
Once we reached that limit and tried downloading more videos, it showed a Failed message alongside an exclamation mark, and all the subsequent downloads remained in the queue but weren’t being actively downloaded.
We’ll update this section with more information as and when we come across some.thing relevant related to the download expiration time or if there is any download limit per day and so on.
Also read: What is the download limit on Hulu?
How to change the video download quality on Voot?
Open the Voot app and follow the steps mentioned below to change the download quality of Voot videos.
- Tap on your profile name/picture at the top-right of the app’s homepage (My Voot).
- On the next page, tap on App Settings.
- Then tap on Download Video Quality.
- Now you can either choose one of the three available download video quality (720p, 320p, 144p) or select Always ask to confirm the quality before downloading.
Also read: How many people can watch Hulu at once?
How to delete downloads on Voot?
If you want to delete downloads on the Voot app, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Tap on the Downloads tab from the options at the bottom of the app.
- On the downloads screen, tap on the Delete icon at the top-right.
- Then choose the downloaded TV shows or movies you want to delete by tapping on the box that appears beside them.
- Now tap on the Delete button at the top-right of the screen.
The selected Voot downloads are immediately deleted.
Also read: How to reboot your Chromecast?