Errors occur when there is something wrong with the app or with your device. Error 963 is one such error where the following message is displayed to the user — App could not be downloaded due to an error (963).
Error 963 is related to Play Store and does not let the user update an existing app on the device or install new ones. In this article, we will dig deeper into the causes of this error and ways to fix it.
What causes Error 963?
This error is caused when data from the play store cant be copied to the device. There can be a multitude of reasons why this happens. Some of the reasons that might be causing this issue are mentioned below.
A cache is a super-fast memory which acts as a buffer between the RAM and the device’s CPU. Sometimes the cache memory of the play store gets corrupted, and this does not let the user install apps.
SD Card bug
Most of the android phones come with the option of increasing the memory of the device by adding an SD card. But sometimes this great feature can cause the error. If the SD card on your device crashes, you can’t update the apps on your SD card.
Google Play is currently being updated
Google Play may be undergoing an up-gradation process, and so the updates and downloads of new apps may not be available temporarily.
Also read: What is Error 907 and 6 ways to fix it?
Ways to fix the error
There are a few other ways of fixing this devious Error
Reset your Google account
Mostly your google account is not the main culprit which causes this error, but sometimes it can solve the issue. To deactivate and reactivate your account, follow the steps below.
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- On the next page, tap on Accounts.
- On the next page, tap on the Google account that you wish to deactivate.
- Then on the next page, tap on Remove Account.
Reset WiFi and Bluetooth settings
- Open the Settings app of your device.
- Scroll down and tap on System.
- On the next page, tap on Reset options.
- Then on the next page, tap on Reset WiFi, mobile & Bluetooth.
No one wants to factory reset their phone, but if it comes to it and you can’t remove the error, then this is the only way to fix it.
Clear the Play Store cache and storage
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Tap on the Apps & notifications option.
- Then on the next page, tap on Google Play Store from under Recently Opened Apps. If it’s not available there tap on See all apps and then scroll down and tap on Google Play Store.
- On the next page, tap on Storage.
- Then tap on Clear Cache and Clear Storage button.
If this does not work, then try uninstalling the Play Store app and installing it again.
Unmount SD card
To fix this issue, you can uninstall the app from your SD card and install it on your internal storage. You can also unmount the SD card from your device and then install the app. To unmount the SD card, go to Storage and then tap on the upward arrow beside your SD card name.
By following the above steps, you can resolve Error 963 on the Android Play Store.
Also read: What is Error code 910? 5 ways to fix it
A tech enthusiast, driven by curiosity. A bibliophile who loves to travel. An Engineering graduate who loves to code and write about new technologies. Can’t sustain without coffee.
You can contact Nischay via email: [email protected]