Google Play Store is the one-stop-shop for all things Android, but the recommendations, featured apps, as well as the top apps or games list, differs depending on the location of the user. The location of the Google Play Store app is based on the IP address and can only be changed once a year.
You should know a few things before you change your country in the Play Store app.
- You won’t be able to use the Google Play balance from your previous country. But that balance isn’t lost. You’ll still be able to use it once you switch back to the old country.
- To change the country in Google Play Store, your device needs to be in that new country physically and also have an active payment method from that country. You can try using a VPN to bypass the geolocation requirement to change the country on Play Store, but you’ll still need a payment method from that country.
Also read: How to redeem code for Google Play store?
How to change the country in Google Play Store?
Open the Play Store app on your smartphone and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Tap on the hamburger menu on the top-left of the display.
- Tap on Account.
- On the next page, under Country and profiles, tap on the name of the country specified. You can choose a new country if Google has detected one based on your IP address.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and add a payment method from the new country.
Any changes made to the country in the Play Store can take up to 24 hours to reflect in-app. As mentioned above, once you’ve changed your country, you won’t be able to change it back again for one year.
However, you can switch between your existing country profiles whenever you travel to that respective country.
If you’re facing issues while changing your Google Play country, clear cache of Play Store app and also check if it’s updated to the latest version.
If you’re facing any of the following errors on the Play Store, click on them to find a fix.