Error code 232011 occurs when your browser encounters problems while playing any online video. It is a common error pattern that you might encounter and can be fixed easily.
In this post, we explain how you can fix error code 232011 within minutes and then enjoy the video you were watching or presenting.
Error code 232011: 7 fixes
Fixing this error is easy. It will take a few clicks, and you are good to go. Moreover, there are several methods that you can try to remedy the error. Below is a list of fixes that you might want to try out.
Clear cache and cookies
A cache is a small memory that stores commonly used files or resources for fast uploading. Cookies store your website configurations and passwords. Both help in loading the website faster to give a better user experience. However, if due, for some reason, the cache or the cookie becomes corrupted, you will see errors like this one.
A simple way to fix this is to clear the cache. Follow the steps given below to do the same:
- Open the browser (in this case, we use Google Chrome) and then click on the three-dot button at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down list, hover your cursor above More tools and click on Clear browsing data. You can also use the shortcut – Ctrl + Shift + Delete to reach the same window.
- Check mark on Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files. Select the time period at the top to All time.
- Finally, click on Clear data.
Try to run the video again, and it should work alright this time.
Use the incognito mode
Incognito mode is the private sphere of the browser where the history and cache of the websites will not be stored or remembered by the browser. You can try to play the video in the incognito mode of the browser, which might help fix error code 232011.
If you use Google Chrome, go to the three-dot button at the top right and select New Incognito Window. Alternatively, use your keyboard’s shortcut – Ctrl + Shift + N.
Also read: Why is Youtube Premium not working?
Turn off hardware acceleration
As the name suggests, hardware acceleration allows the browser to use the hardware for more intensive and heavy tasks like playing videos or online games. The hardware we are talking about here is the Graphical Processing Unit (GPU). Sometimes, hardware acceleration causes the browser to lag, and you can see errors like 232011 on your screen.
To prevent this from happening, you should turn off the hardware acceleration by following the steps given below:
- Click on the three-dot button and then select the Settings option.
- From the left menu, click on the System tab and then toggle off the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
Or you can type chrome://settings/system in Chrome’s address bar.
Disable browser extensions
Browser extensions make life easier. These are small versions of the software designed to use while you work on the browser. However, if you are using some extensions that are bugged or are not from a reputable vendor, then chances are that you will see error 232011 and other such errors.
Your best bet would be to disable browser extensions, at least while your video is playing on the browser. Here are the steps to remove extensions from Google Chrome:
- Go to the three-dot button > More tools > Extensions. You will see all the extensions that you are currently using. In our case, you can see that we are using Adobe, Google Docs and Grammarly.
- Now, to remove extensions, click on the Remove button or to turn off the extension for some time; you can use the toggle on/off button.
Also read: How to change POV in Minecraft?
Resetting the browser
This is akin to factory settings on your phone. All the current configurations on your browser, alongwith the history and cache, will be removed, and your browser will return to the default mode.
Click on the three-dot button > Settings. and then from the left menu, click on Reset and clean up > Restore settings to their original defaults and then click on Reset settings.
Updating your browser
This is another way to fix error code 232011. New updates patch the bugs and enhance the user experience. So, you should check and continuously update your browser.
To check for updates in Google Chrome, go to the three-dot button > Settings > About Chrome. Then click on Relaunch for the settings to take effect.
Change your current browser
If all else fails, you can try to change the browser as a last resort. The tech marketplace is filled with browsers. Some of the better alternatives to Chrome are – Brave, Safari, and Firefox, among others.
Also read: How to fix World War 3 timeout error?