Error Codes are messages that correspond to a specific problem in a software application. By learning about them, we can successfully identify the problem, assess the leading cause and then can successfully start troubleshooting.
Error Code 495 is one of the common error code in of Google Play Store. It happens when there is a problem in downloading and installing apps from the Play Store.
In this article, we will discuss the possible reasons for the error along with various ways through which you can fix this error.
Possible reasons for Error Code 495
In the case of Error 495, you can download the app, from Google Play, on WiFi but not on cellular data. There are two possible reasons for this error.
- There is a connection time out with the Google Play servers. Usually, the connection time out resolves by itself, but when it does not, Error 495 is displayed.
- There is a syncing problem with the Google Play servers.
Also read: Top 11 Android apps for college students
Six ways to fix Error 495 in Play Store
Fixing Error 495 is manageable. There are various ways by which you can resolve the issue.
Clearing the Google Play Store data
To clear the Google Play data, follow the steps given below.
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Select Installed apps.
- Locate the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Clear data option located on the bottom right.
Clearing the Google Services Framework cache
To clear the Google Services Framework, follow the steps given below
For finding Google Service Framework, you’ll first need to display all the hidden system apps in your All Apps option from the device’s Settings menu.
- Go to your device’s Settings and then tap on Apps & notifications
- On the next window, tap on See all apps
- Find the three-dot menu on the top right of the new windows, tap on it and select Show system
- Now, once your device is displaying system apps, scroll down to find Google Service Framework and tap on it.
- Tap on Storage.
- Then tap on Clear Cache.
Uninstalling/Updating the Google Play app
Sometimes, uninstalling the recent updates might help to solve the error. When you uninstall the updates, the app is downgraded to the previous version.
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Select Installed apps.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Tab on Uninstall updates option located at the mid-bottom.
Note: This is a temporary method because Google Play will automatically download the latest update.
If your current version is not up-to-date, you might receive the Error 495 notification. Just update the older version to resolve the issue.
Installing a VPN app
Remember to select the country other than the one you are currently residing.
Note: This will work for most of the Google Play errors.
Activating Location access
Activating Location access can also solve the error. To enable the Location on your phone, follow the steps given below.
- Find the location settings on your device. (Settings > Additional settings> Privacy>Location>Location access)
- Then activate the location access.
Disabling the Android Device Manager
This service is used to locate your device, in case you lose it. However, this service can interfere with downloading the app. To disable it, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the settings.
- After that, tap on Additional settings.
- Go to privacy.
- After that, tap on Device administrators located at the top.
- Here, you will find the option of Find My Device. Just disable it.
Reconfiguring your Gmail account
Sometimes removing the Gmail account and then adding it back again will solve Error 495. To remove your Gmail account, follow the steps given below.
- Go to settings of your phone.
- Locate sync option.
- Tap on Google.
- You will be shown several Google services. Tab on more option located at the bottom of the page.
- Then, tap on remove account.
After removing your account, you will have to reboot your phone and then add your account again. After adding the account, all the data will be automatically synced.
If the problem persists, you can try Hard resetting your device, or you can try to download the app from other sources — which we do not recommend.
The Editorial Coordinator at Candid.Technology, Hemant has a keen interest in social issues, philosophy, religion, conspiracy theories, cricket and technology. He writes as well as makes sure the editorial functions smoothly.
You can contact Hemant on email: [email protected] or call: +91-522-4333653