Flipkart was founded by Binny and Sachin Bansal back in 2007 and was one of the first Indian e-commerce stores in the market. Since then, the company has grown exponentially but has also received some stiff competitions from its rivals, mainly Amazon.
In this article, we’re going over how you can delete your Flipkart account. Once you delete your Flipkart account, the following things happen.
- You are logged out of your Flipkart Account.
- Your public profile on Flipkart is no longer visible
- Your reviews/ratings are still visible, while your profile information is shown as ‘unavailable’ due to deactivation.
- Your wishlist items are no longer accessible through the associated public hyperlink. The wishlist will be unavailable following deactivation.
- You will be unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from Flipkart
- Your account data is retained and is restored in case you choose to reactivate your account
Also read: How to delete Swiggy account?
How to delete Flipkart account using a browser?
If you’re browsing Flipkart using your PC, follow these steps to deactivate your account.
Step 1: Log on to the Flipkart website and log in to your account. Once logged in, hover the mouse cursor over your name in the menu bar and click My Profile.
Step 2: Scroll down in the profile section and click on Deactivate Account.
Step 3: Type your password and click on the Confirm Deactivation button.
That’s how you can deactivate your Flipkart account when on a PC. Note that you can reactivate it anytime you want to resume using the website.
Also read: How to delete USPS account?
How to delete Flipkart account on the phone app?
If you’re using Flipkart from the mobile app, follow these steps to deactivate your account.
- Open the app and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top left.
- Tap on My Account.
- Scroll down and tap on Account Settings.
- Tap on Deactivate account.
- Type your password and tap the Confirm Deactivation button.
Also read: How to cancel orders on Flipkart?
How to reactivate Flipkart account?
If you want to use the site’s services again and want to restore your account, here’s how.
Step 1: Log on to the Flipkart website and log in to your account.
Step 2: Click on the Reactivate button to get your account up and running again.
Unfortunately, you can’t reactivate your account on the phone app. If you’re stuck without a PC, you’re going to have to contact Flipkart’s customer support.
Also read: How to delete a list in Trello?
Someone who writes/edits/shoots/hosts all things tech and when he’s not, streams himself racing virtual cars. You can reach out to Yadullah at [email protected], or follow him on Instagram or Twitter.