Vizio is one of the most popular sellers of TVs and Soundbars in the USA; it also sells viewer data and advertising. The company is based in Irvine, California and was founded in 2002. Some users of Vizio smart TV are facing some issues while using it and they want to know how to reboot the Vizio smart TV.
In this article, we have discussed the common issues which can be resolved by resetting the TV and a few different ways to reset the TV.
Common issues that can be resolved by resetting the TV
Sometimes the TV shows some problems that need to be looked up and need factory resetting, below we have mentioned some of the common issues in the Vizio TV that can be resolved by performing a reset.
- The TV is not turning on even after pressing the power button repeatedly.
- Smart features are not working.
- The smart TV is lagging or freezing.
- The TV is running slowly.
- The TV screen is displaying different colours.
- The audio or video is not working properly.
- Unable to connect to the Internet.
- The applications on your TV have stopped working.
Also read: Why is my Vizio remote not working? Quick Fix
How to reset your Vizio TV?
There are two different methods; soft reset and hard reset which can be performed in two different ways to reset your Vizio TV.
How to Soft reset your Vizio TV
The soft reset has always been the first recommendation by technical support representatives as it is the easiest way to resolve simple issues in the smart TV. The soft reset actually clears the memory and restarts the device.
Do a soft reset using the power button
Follow the steps below to do a soft reset using the power button.
- Unplug the power cord of the TV from the power outlet.
- Press the Power button on the TV remote and hold it for three to five seconds.
- Plug back in the power cord and then turn on your smart TV.
Do a soft reset using the system settings
Follow the steps below to do a soft reset using the system settings.
- Press the Menu button on your Vizio smart TV remote.
- Go to System and then click on Reset and Admin.
- Then select the Soft Power Cycle option and wait for the process to complete.
Also read: Where is John Wick streaming?
How to Hard reset your Vizio TV
When you do a hard reset it does what a soft reset does and plus it also restores the firmware or the configuration of the device to the factory settings, it actually wipes the memory completely and does a complete reset.
Do a hard reset using the system settings
Follow the steps below to do a hard reset using the system settings.
- Turn off the router.
- Now, press the Menu button on your Vizio smart TV remote.
- Go to System > Reset & Admin > Reset TV to Factory Defaults.
- It will ask for the Parental control code which is 0000 in most cases.
- Now, select the Reset option and click on the Ok option.
- Then turn the TV on and then follow the on-screen steps.
Do a hard reset using the CH+ and CH- button
Follow the steps below to do a hard reset using the CH+ and CH- buttons.
- Turn off the Vizio smart TV and unplug the power cord.
- Press the CH+ and CH- on your TV remote for almost five seconds and then release them.
- Press the Menu button on your TV remote, the TV screen will turn n and show the menu.
- You will see an F icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. It indicates the factory reset setup screen.
- The factory reset setup will now appear on the screen.
- Hold the Menu button on the remote for about three to five seconds to access the Service menu.
- Now, navigate through the Factory reset options.
Also read: Why is Vizio sound bar not working?