Minecraft can be played on multiple platforms and is supported across several devices, making it easy to access and play. Minecraft has several editions — Education edition, Minecraft dungeons, Earth — with different system requirements for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
With quite a few editions and several supported platfroms, it can become confusing at times to ascertain the system requirements required by Minecraft on your device. Here is the system requirements for Minecraft for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
Minecraft: Education Edition System requirements
It is an educational edition of Minecraft designed for classroom uses, it has features that makes it easier to use in classroom. It is developed by Mojang and Xbox game studios.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster 32/64-bit
- Memory: 1/2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0 or higher
- Storage: 16 GB or 20 GB free hard disk space
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Storage: 8.8 GB free hard disk space
- All Mac models as listed here
- iOS 8 or newer
Minecraft Dungeons System requirements
Minecraft Dungeons is developed by Mojang, Xbox game studios and Double Eleven, it is an action-adventure role-playing game.
- OS: Windows 10 (November 2019 Update or higher), 8 or 7
- Processor: 2.8GHz or equivalent i5
- Memory: 8GB or more
- Storage: 6GB free hard disk space
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870; GTX 660 DX11 GPU with 2GB or similar GPU
- DirectX: DirectX 11
Minecraft Earth System requirements and supported devices
Minecraft Earth is a free to play Augmented Reality (AR) mobile game.
- OS: Android 8.0 “Oreo” or later
- Supported devices: ARCore supported devices
- These devices are not supported
- OS: iOS 12.0 or later
- Supported devices:iPhone SE (2nd Gen), 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max; iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR; iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, iPhone SE, 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 8, 8 Plus; iPad Pro, iPad Air(3rd Gen), 5th – Gen iPad Mini and iPad Air; iPod touch (7th Gen)
Minecraft Pocket Edition system requirements for Android and iOS
- Version: Android 4.2, Android 3.0, Android 2.3, Android 2.1
- Processor: Any processor that supports floating-point calculations. Eg.”ARM-v7a core” and Neon
- Graphics: any graphics card that supports OpenGL ES 2.0
- Storage: 12.5MB of installation storage. Requires 100MB to 1GB for maps.
- Version: iOS 8.0, iOS 6, iOS 5, iOS 4.3.3; iPadOS 13 and newer versions of iOS and iPadOS.
- Processor: 600 MHz ARMv7 Cortex CPU or 800 MHz Apple A5 CPU
- Storage: 9.5 MB (100 MB to 1GB is the max to save a map)