Motorola One Power is scheduled to be launched under the ‘Android One’ moniker at an event in India on September 24, which will be available via Flipkart exclusively in India.
The latest addition to Lenovo-owned Motorola’s stable has been made in collaboration with Google’s Android One programme, which features a stock Android experience — as intended without any skin on top.
The Motorola One Power will receive security updates for the next three years and also features a smart camera that is powered by Google Lens.
The Motorola One Power will go on sale starting October 2018. Check out this article to know about the price and more features of the device.
“We’re giving you the latest software and AI-powered innovations from Google, right out of the box. Android One gives you a smart, secure and simple device,” Motorola stated.
- Display: The Motorola One Power comes with a 6.2-inch Max Vision Full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 19:9.
- Design: The One Power features the trending notch with bezels on the bottom. It comes with a USB Type-C and 3.5mm headphone jack. The fingerprint scanner is located at the rear embedded with the Moto logo.
- Processor: The device is powered by the octa-core (8x Kryo 260)Snapdragon 636 that clocks at 1.8Ghz and is supported by Adreno 509 GPU.
- Memory: The Motorola One Power comes with 64GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card.
- Battery: The battery on the device can last up to two days and charges for 6 hours of use within 15 minutes with the Turbo charger supplied alongwith.
- OS: The Android One-powered device will initially roll out with Android 8 Oreo out-of-the-box but will receive the Android 9 Pie update soon after its launch.
The Motorola One Power is smarter, quicker and safer.
Courtesy of the Google Lens-powered smart camera, the Motorola One Power can recognise text, search for recipes, translate words, browse outfits and much more.
You also get unlimited cloud storage for your high-resolution images with Google Photos and Google Assistant will help you do your tasks or even start a video at your (voice) command.
Since the Motorola One Power features stock Android, you do not have to deal with bloatware — say goodbye to pre-loaded apps — but you will get a few Moto and Android apps to enhance your experience with the device.
Getting rid of bloatware makes sure that the Motorola One Power runs smoothly by giving you more free space and also has access to the latest software updates by Google.
The Motorola One Power will receive two latest Android OS updates after release and three years of security updates — ending October 2021. This means that although they’ll be launching with Android 8 Oreo, you’ll be receiving the Android 9 Pie update soon after the launch and the next major Android Q OS launch — probably next year.
Also read: iOS 12 rolls out to compatible Apple devices
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]