Google Maps are an excellent tool for travellers as well for the businesses as it helps both in their respective endeavours. You can find your way and business have a great platform for promotion. An interesting feature of the Google Maps is the speed feature — where the app can, although not precisely, judge the speed of the vehicle, given that your smartphone is fitted with an accelerometer.
This app also shows if there is any delay due to the traffic or about any accident that took place on the road so that you can change the route accordingly. If you are a business person, Google Maps can help your business get noticed as people can give their reviews directly from the app or web on Google Maps.
In this article, we will explain how you can add a location on Google Map. Read the full article to understand the process.
Also read: How to clear all cache in Windows 10?
How to add a location in Google Map?
You can add a location in Google Maps in two ways — using a computer (web) or from the mobile (app). We will discuss each of the two methods in detail.
Via Google Maps website on a PC
If you want to add a location using a computer, follow the instructions given below.
- Sign in on Google Maps.
- Click on the hamburger menu at the top right of the screen.
- On the drop-down menu, click on Add a missing place option. (Scroll down to see the option).
- A new window will open where you will have to enter the details — name, category, location address along with other information like phone number, opening and closing hours as well as a photo of the place.
- When you are done with the above, click on Send option at the bottom right of the screen.
You will receive an email notification when Google confirms the process.
Also Read: How to appear offline on Facebook?
Via the Google Maps app
If you are using the Google Maps app, follow the steps given below to add the location.
- Open Google Maps app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top left corner of the screen.
- On the drop-down menu, tap on Add a missing place.
- Enter the information — name, category, location, phone number, hours (opening and closing) and photos of the place.
- When you are done with the details, tap on the arrow button at the top right corner of the screen.
Note: Whether on the computer or on the app, try to enter the location as precisely as you can. This will help in pinpointing the location accurately.
You will receive an email once Google confirms the process.
We hope that this article helped you. We will bring more such detailed tutorials in the future.
Deputy Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant writes at the intersection of tech and culture and has a keen interest in science, social issues and international relations.
You can contact him here: [email protected]