While messages were the basis of the mobile phone-based digital communication platforms we use today, they’ve been mostly made redundant and are only sparsely used for SMS-based OTP services and notifications but primarily for spam marketing messages.
If you’ve been receiving a lot of spam messages or calls and facetime, you should check out our guide to block contacts on iPhone, which would help you block someone from sending you messages, calling and Facetiming you on iPhone. But if you’ve accumulated a lot of unnecessary junk over the weeks in your inbox and want to get rid of some of it, here is a guide to help you delete multiple messages on iPhone from a single contact or delete multiple threads of messages from different contacts.
How to delete multiple messages on iPhone?
Follow the steps below to delete multiple messages sent to you by a single contact.
- Open the message thread and long-tap on any one of the messages that you want to delete.
- The text will pop-up with emotes at the top and options at the bottom. Select More.
- Now you’ll be reverted back to the message thread with a few options at top and bottom of the display.
- Select the messages that you want to remove and then tap on the trash can icon.
- On the confirmation window below, click on Delete Messages.
You can also choose to delete a single message by selecting just one.
Also read: How to log out of Messenger on the iPhone?
How to delete multiple message threads on iPhone?
Open the Messages app on your iPhone and follow the steps mentioned below to delete multiple message threads.
- Tap on the horizontal three-dot menu icon at the top, towards the right of the Messages heading.
- Then tap on Select Messages.
- Tap on the message threads you want to remove and then tap on Delete option at the bottom-right of the display.
Also read: How to factory reset your iPhone?
How to delete a single message thread on iPhone?
To delete a single message thread on your iPhone, go to the thread you want to delete and swipe left. Two options will appear. Select Delete. Then tap on Delete option at the bottom of the screen to confirm. Also read: How to turn off Find My iPhone on iOS 13?