Fox News is one of the popular news services that people rely upon for the latest news and updates. However, there may be times when you encounter issues with Fox News not working properly.
In this article, we’ll investigate the Fox News not working issue and provide you with some quick fixes.
Why is Fox News not working?
There may be several reasons for Fox News not working, some of them are as follows:
- Internet issues: If your internet is unstable or slow, then many apps and websites, including Fox News won’t work properly.
- Browser issues: An outdated browser or incompatible extensions might cause Fox News and other websites to crash.
- VPN issues: Many news outlets do not allow VPNs. So, if you are using a VPN, it may cause issues.
- Server problems: Fox News may be experiencing server issues at their end, which can cause disruptions in streaming or viewing content.
- Account or subscription issues: Paid services usually don’t work if you have not updated the subscription.
- Blocking issues: The channel is blocked on your network. You or someone else using your TV network might’ve mistakenly blocked the channel.
By identifying the root cause of the problem, you can take appropriate steps to fix it.
Also read: What is the difference between Disney+ Hotstar VIP and Hotstar Premium?
Fox News not working: Possible fixes
Let us now dive into some of the fixes that you can try to resolve the Fox News not working issue:
Check the servers
The very first step that you should take is to check the servers of the streaming service on which you are watching Fox News. For example, if you are a Hulu user, check Hulu’s server. Visit Downdetector and then enter the name of the service.
Check your internet connection
Make sure that there is no network issue at your end. For that, there are certain things that you must first take care of:
- First, make sure that there isn’t any internet outage in your area. You can ask your Internet Service Provider for the information or you can visit their website.
- If there is no outage, then it is time to check the hardware to make sure that they are not damaged. Check all the hardware associated with the internet connection. That includes your router, modem, power cable, and the main power source, among others. Ensure that all the hardware is undamaged and working properly. If you notice any damage, change it asap.
- If the hardware is fine, then it is time to check the connections. Make sure that the cables are secured firmly in the proper ports.
- Sometimes, there is too much distance between the WiFi and the receiving device. Make sure that the distance is less. Or, you can directly connect the internet to your computer as it provides a more stable speed compared to WiFi.
- Also, remove any other electronic appliances that might interfere with the WiFi signals. While you are at it, place the WiFi on a raised platform so that the devices catch signals seamlessly.
- If there are many devices connected to your network, remove them before playing games on the internet as the devices share the limited bandwidth of the plan. You can also think of upgrading your existing internet plan.
Clear cache and cookies
A cache is a storage tool that temporarily stores data. Storing data in a cache makes it readily available for the client to access and saves time. For this purpose, web browsers use the cache functionality for faster and more seamless browsing. However, it also causes some problems. So, you should clear the browser’s cache once in a while.
Here are the steps to clear the cache on Google Chrome:
Step 1: Open Chrome and then click on the three-dot button > More tools > Clear browsing data.
Step 2: Check on Browsing history, Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files. Also, select the time range to All time. You can also select a particular time range, but we advise you to clear all your data. Next, click on Clear Data to finalise the process.
You can visit this article to find out another, more direct method to clear the cache on Chrome.
Disable the browser extensions
As we have mentioned earlier, faulty browser extensions can cause problems with Crunchyroll and cause the website to crash. However, it is difficult to exactly pinpoint which browser extension is at fault here. One way is to disable all the extensions and then re-enable them one by one. On the other hand, you can disable the extensions while using the Crunchyroll website and then turn on each extension after you are done.
Want to know some of the most useful Chrome extensions? Check out our list of the most useful Chrome extensions.
In both cases, you need to know the steps involved in disabling the extensions in Chrome. To disable extensions in Chrome, go to the three-dot menu and then click on More tools > Extensions. Next, turn off the toggle in front of the extension.
Update the browser
Developers regularly release patches to fix several minor bugs in Chrome and other browsers. Therefore, make it a habit to regularly update the app.
To update Chrome, Go to Help > About Chrome from the drop-down menu. You will see updating Chrome tab on your screen.
Disabling VPN should help in fixing the issue. Usually, big tech giants abhor the use of VPNs and therefore they block the IP addresses which use the VPNs.
Check browser compatibility
Check whether your browser is compatible to run Fox News or not. Head to this Fox News help page to ascertain the browser’s compatibility.
As the news services like Fox News and others rely on ads for revenue, they usually do not work if you have turned on ad-blockers. For Fox News to run smoothly, you should turn off the ad-blocker.
Here’s how to do that:
Step 1: Head over to chrome://extensions/. This method also works on Edge as well. Just type Edge instead of chrome. Take a look at the screenshot below.
Step 2: Toggle off your adblocker.
Step 1: Click on Safari and then go to Preferences.
Step 2: Find your adblocker extension in the Extensions tab and then disable it.
Verify that Fox is part of your TV provider
Fox News does not come with many TV subscriptions. So, contact your TV service provider to verify whether Fox is included or not. If not, update your TV subscription to watch Fox News.
Also read: How to fix Fox error 403-1000?
Frequently answered questions (FAQs)
Here are some FAQs on the topic:
Where can I watch Fox News in India?
Fox News is available on Amazon Prime.
How can I watch Fox News live?
Head to the Fox News website to watch Fox News live. Remember, your TV provider should support Fox News in order for you to view the channel.
Why are Fox News videos not playing?
There could be many reasons why the Fox News videos are not playing on your device including bad internet connection, VPN issues, you are using an ad-blocker, browser issues, and server issues, among others.
Also read: How to fix Fox Sports error 403?